PDA

View Full Version : New bowstring

trangd75
04-22-2012, 05:25 PM
I have a Martin Cheetah and am need of a new bowstring. I browsed the different Martin bowstrings available and I have no idea what bowstring I need to buy and how should I measure the bowstring. Any information will help.

Thanks,
Dan

droppixel
04-22-2012, 05:27 PM
What year Cheetah? A lot of the string makers already have the specs for each year. Also your spec sticker should give you the lengths.

Lung Buster
04-22-2012, 05:27 PM
You should get in touch with hutch and son he is a regular on this sight and he builds bow strings! Welcome to the forum.

trangd75
04-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Awesome! Now my next question is what bowstring should I/need to best fit my bow? I'm pretty sure it's a 2007 model

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the forum trangd75!

Hutch:cool:

trangd75
04-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks. So I think I'm going to purchase the Hammerhead Single cam set. Would this be a good fit?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks. So I think I'm going to purchase the Hammerhead Single cam set. Would this be a good fit?
What year bow do you have the bottom limb sticker should tell you the shoot and the buss. The shoot is the string and the buss is the cable. And the first 2 digits of the serial number is the year of the bow. You will need the string to match whatever length that the sticker says.

trangd75
04-22-2012, 06:00 PM
I have the 08 model. My shoot string length is 84.5 and split is 31.5. Is the single cam string the one I need?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-22-2012, 06:14 PM
I have the 08 model. My shoot string length is 84.5 and split is 31.5. Is the single cam string the one I need?You would order a single cam string set and enter those two numbers for the lengths. I believe they sell those for 69 and change plus shipping. If your interested in a custom string in custom colors I can build you one as well just pm me.

droppixel
04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Not to push, but I would recommend a custom set from Hutch or another builder. I happen to have a set for an 08 in my shooting box that I got from a giveaway that I haven't thrown on my Cheetah. They are Sunset Orange/Flo Orange Spec with Sunset servings from Proline that I'd sell ya. The strings I have on my Cheetah are going to last me for quite a while yet.

Reasoning for the custom sets is they way they are built, you won't see any stretch or twist from the better builders and you get a choice of colors. They are all really nice strings.

justin
04-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Im going to recommend huch too. GREAT quality and i feel they are more durable than the hammerhead strings.

Tosi
04-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Im going to recommend huch too. GREAT quality and i feel they are more durable than the hammerhead strings.

I've just purchased a set from Huch and will have my Fire Cat 400 set up today. Out of the box the set is perfect. I ordered Flo Green and Black with the serving Flo Green. Will send pic when set up if I can figure that out. I have ordered Hammer heads and others before and like a lot of folks will say there OK, you can get a little better with custom String and Cable.

Thermodude
04-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Just got ah new string set for my Onza III from Hutch couple weeks ago................very happy with mine!!