PDA

View Full Version : Knee Surgery

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Looks like its time guys. Right knee is messed up and starting to get worse. So I got it checked out and found the meniscus is torn. Well May 16, two weeks away I am going to have it operated on.

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
hot dang that sucks.my step dad has had somthing around 6 or 7 of them knee operations....but his was from raceing quads.
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you should send me that bengal so it dont fell lonley:p

Thermodude
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Had that done ah few years ago Hutch......you will be up and going before you know it!

Lung Buster
05-01-2012, 05:49 PM
I had a torn meniscus a few years back about a week or two you will be feeling pretty good! Hope all goes well you will be glad you got it done no more pain! You will just sore for a little while.

TEN RING
05-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Its not that bad you will be shooting in 3 days I had both knees done I was working on my truck the next day

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys, yeah I can't wait to get it done I have a very high tolerance to pain so I didn't know the problem was so bad till I started loosing a little control in my leg

Ps. and no GD you can't have the Bengal.:p

Ehunter
05-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Wish you the best of luck Hutch. Been through two back surgeries, and they were the best thing I have ever had done. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Double S
05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
I wish you the best Bill. I've had two back surgeries and 1 right knee surgery. I'm doing alright but I do keep making right turns for some reason!. :rolleyes:

Speedykills
05-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Good luck,it'll only hurt so long,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:p

bfisher
05-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Yeah Bill, just had my right one done a few years ago. Arthroscopic. Was up and walking in a short time. The damned puncture holes hurt worse than the knee joint. Hope yours comes along nicely.

wscywabbit
05-01-2012, 10:21 PM
getting older sucks don't it? I'm almost 40 and am starting to feel the aches and pains. I know some of you are older than I, and I know I got a long ways to go yet... but some days I can't help but think DAMN what happened!!!???

Hope everything goes well, my aunt had hers repaired a year or so ago and it really didn't take long to heal. You'll be up and around in no time. But you'll get a couple of days of movies in! :)

NuttyNative
05-01-2012, 11:47 PM
You'll heal fast with physical therapy. I've had 6 of these and one full blown knee operation. To many years of basketball, football, and motorcycle racing.

Tosi
05-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Best of luck Bill. had a few too! Not as bad as you think. The pain killers are pretty good.......

Simple Life
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Good luck,hope you won't be laid up too long,of course it might be a good break for you.;)

96xjclassic
05-02-2012, 08:59 PM
I hope all goes well, Bill. Keep us updated.
Mark

bowgramp59
05-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I've had my left knee & both shoulders completely replaced & my right ankle fused got 3 screws in the ankle to hold it together, this arthritis sucks. hutch if it requires therapy do as much as you can. good luck

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks guys, The 16th is coming soon. Be glad when its here and gone.

mdodraw29
05-05-2012, 10:17 PM
You should be fine, I know a guy who had his acl and mcl done last year. He was playing softball in an over 40 league. He's back to playing softball. Good luck.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Well Guys and Gals, this Wednesday @ 10 o'clock I will be have this knee scoped and fixed. The only question is are we their yet?? I need to get back to shooting regularly!! Well anyway say a prayer for me. I want to be able to walk normal again.

bfisher
05-13-2012, 08:17 PM
If all goes well you'll be up and walking normally within a few days. And probably pain free. Mine wasn't too bad and I was walking normally in about three days. Still had some pain but that from a cyst in the back of the knee which eventually dissolved and all has been well since. Sometimes medical science just baffles me.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Well guys, tomorrow is the big day. They take me in at 10:00 am and try to fix me up. Boy have they got their work cut out for them.http://d2bbx2n1xhw9pj.cloudfront.net/forums/images/smilies/mood_shocked.gif http://www.archerysite.net/vb/images/smilies/new_Eyecrazy.gif

Thermodude
05-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Well guys, tomorrow is the big day. They take me in at 10:00 am and try to fix me up. Boy have they got their work cut out for them.http://d2bbx2n1xhw9pj.cloudfront.net/forums/images/smilies/mood_shocked.gif http://www.archerysite.net/vb/images/smilies/new_Eyecrazy.gif

Been there Hutch, its not that bad........well, any surgery is bad but you will be back at it in no time! Take care man, get well soon!!

bfisher
05-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey Bill, don't be tossing that word "cut" around so easily. Wish you luck tomorrow, buddy. Have Brad let us know how everything goes.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Sure will thanks Barry.

Money Man
05-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Good luck tomorrow Hutch.

wscywabbit
05-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Good luck! Just think, it won't be long until you'll be back on your feet. Running circles around A.S. lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Good luck! Just think, it won't be long until you'll be back on your feet. Running circles around A.S. lol

I still can even with the bad knee!!!;)

Arrow Splitter
05-16-2012, 07:47 AM
I still can even with the bad knee!!!;)

Hutch:cool:Yeah right! LOL:p

I will keep you all up to date as much as possible. I work today from 10:30 am. to 3pm, so you'll get any updates after that time.

A.S

elkslayer4x5
05-16-2012, 09:43 AM
i still do because of the bad knee!!!;)

hutch:cool:

:D Hope all goes well

Arrow Splitter
05-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Dad's operation went well.
He should be home any time now, once he and Mom are done eating their nine course meal.:p

A.S

gravedigger
05-16-2012, 03:05 PM
dang im a day late.well best of luck,you will be up and at em in no time.

A.S.............no pokeing your pops with a stick when he gets out:p

Arrow Splitter
05-16-2012, 03:06 PM
dang im a day late.well best of luck,you will be up and at em in no time.

A.S.............no pokeing your pops with a stick when he gets out:p:rolleyes::p:D

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-16-2012, 05:47 PM
I am home and doing extremely well. NO MORE PAIN IN MY RIGHT KNEE WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Very little pain from surgery. Saturday I should be up and walking.

bfisher
05-16-2012, 08:55 PM
GOOD NEW INDEED. You take it a little easy and listen to the doc. Are you going o need rehab?

Double S
05-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Welcome back. Take it easy and relax. Make sure you follow the Docs orders. Maybe A.S can find you one of those Rascals in camo with a bow rack.:p;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-16-2012, 09:24 PM
GOOD NEW INDEED. You take it a little easy and listen to the doc. Are you going o need rehab?
No Barry I don't. It ended up that surgery took less time and there was not as much work needed on the knee. So I should be back up on my feet Saturday.

Welcome back. Take it easy and relax. Make sure you follow the Docs orders. Maybe A.S can find you one of those Rascals in camo with a bow rack.:p;)

LOL Double S would be cool since I have to sit for 3 days.

wscywabbit
05-17-2012, 10:04 AM
good to hear you're doing well!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-17-2012, 05:10 PM
I am so bored it is driving me crazy!!!!!!

Lung Buster
05-17-2012, 05:35 PM
glad to hear all went well! good luck with recovery! don't rush things! how can you be bored i am sure you can come up with all kinds of crazy threads in your down time! LOL

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah but the drugs aren't helping!!!!:rolleyes:

Thermodude
05-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah but the drugs aren't helping!!!!:rolleyes:

Hey Hutch!! Glad to hear all went well.............has the purple color set in yet? If not it will...............starts at the knee and goes all the way down to the ankle! Very cute with shorts on............:p

bfisher
05-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Hey Hutch!! Glad to hear all went well.............has the purple color set in yet? If not it will...............starts at the knee and goes all the way down to the ankle! Very cute with shorts on............:p

There ya go Hutch. One purple leg and one pink one. Just like strings oughta be. LOL. Glad to see you're in good spirits--and pain free.

Life might get good again.

Arrow Splitter
05-17-2012, 09:14 PM
i am sure you can come up with all kinds of crazy threads in your down time! LOLPLEASE!! Don't encourage him! LOL:p:p:p

A.S

Arrow Splitter
05-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Just like strings oughta be. LOL.

I've got a pink and a purple shirt, does that count? LOL:D

bfisher
05-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I've got a pink and a purple shirt, does that count? LOL:D

Just partially. You gotta have strings to match.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Sorry to disappoint you guys but the knee is still normal color and it ain't purple or pink!:p The only purple on it is when the draw all over it. I am surprised they didn't play tic tac toe on it. And trying to get that surgical iodine off is almost impossible.

Sexy ain't it!!!!

elkslayer4x5
05-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Yikes! Man you need some sun! On a golf course, those would be called moving Out of Bound stakes! :D

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Yikes! Man you need some sun! On a golf course, those would be called moving Out of Bound stakes! :D

Scary isn't it!!!!!

wscywabbit
05-19-2012, 11:17 AM
That's cool Hutch! Man endoscopic surgery is awesome! I have friends that had knee surgery back in the 90's and they have a big happy face scar under their knee caps...

Down side is that you won't get any cool scars... and chicks dig scars lol!

Arrow Splitter
05-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Just partially. You gotta have strings to match.I'm sorry, but pink and purple strings aren't in my future.LOL:D I'm planning to make myself a yellow and root beer string before I go back to college in the fall.:cool:

bfisher
05-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Htch, you ain't winning any awards at the Perdue factory with legs like that. How's it feeling today?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Htch, you ain't winning any awards at the Perdue factory with legs like that. How's it feeling today?Ha! your right! Feeling great I am able to walk well and go up and down stairs. YEEEEE HAAAAA!!!!

Double S
05-19-2012, 03:12 PM
You need a good War story. Tell people that you were the first ever hunters to get a pass through on themselves!.
Or if your around other bowhunters....Say, Look! You can get a pass through with a rage!.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but the knee is still normal color and it ain't purple or pink!:p The only purple on it is when the draw all over it. I am surprised they didn't play tic tac toe on it. And trying to get that surgical iodine off is almost impossible.

Sexy ain't it!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-19-2012, 03:36 PM
You need a good War story. Tell people that you were the first ever hunters to get a pass through on themselves!.
Or if your around other bowhunters....Say, Look! You can get a pass through with a rage!.

That's great I had to laugh on the part about rage getting a pass thru!!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Well guys and gals, I am all set for now the Doc said all is well. The knee is all healed up. I am able to bend it all the way. No pain and walking straight. Woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

The sad part I have no more cat whiskers:(

elkslayer4x5
05-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Well guys and gals, I am all set for now the Doc said all is well. The knee is all healed up. I am able to bend it all the way. No pain and walking straight. Woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

The sad part I have no more cat whiskers:(

Why ? Did the cat shave? :D

bfisher
05-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Maybe time for pantyhose? No sense in going halfway. LOL.

See? We told you it wasn't such a big deal. Ah, the wonders of modern medicine. Makes you wonder why you waited so long.