PDA

View Full Version : creaking

navaman
12-16-2007, 08:12 AM
well, i've decided to to just use my old cougar and save the 300.00 -800.00 for a new bow. but i do have one question that no one seems to be able to answer. when i draw the string back there is a creaking sound that makes me wonder if sometings wrong. any ideas?

navaman
12-16-2007, 09:10 AM
just came in from the shop. looks like a couple of squirts from some good old WD-40 on the axles took it all out. i inspected the limbs and all other parts. everything seems to be okay. bear with me guys. some day i won't always be such a pest.:o

selil
12-16-2007, 11:21 AM
No worries here. I have a 1980's prowler that squeaked. I chased and chased and chased that squeak. It turned out that the string was the culprit. You can be darn sure I switched it right fast.

icom
12-18-2007, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't use WD-40 on it..

better off to press the bow,take the QCC's off (the little round "plastic" things that the harness loops hook on) and sand them down flat with some 1000 grit sand paper..remove the axle and lube everything with graphite powder..

any liquid type oil like WD-40 will just collect dirt/dust and do more harm than good IMO.

may need new bushings too.easy to check with the bow pressed,just wiggle the cams to see how much "play" they have in 'em..