PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Limb at Fork

kylecurtis04
05-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Well fellas, I was finishing up a few weeks in my virtual hunting league here today and was shooting really well. Was on the last few rounds of the last week when all of a sudden my limb cracked. I drew back and heard a slight splitting noise. I knew right away that sound was not good. Looked at my top limb, good to go. Checked my bottom limb, not so good. The bottom limb cracked by the fork. Not here to complain, just here to relieve some stress and greave. Going to be taking my 2011 Silencer to the shop tomorrow and get this issue resolved quickly. Just bummed because I'm turkey hunting in the morning, but now I have to use the 12 gauge. I know threads like this are only useful with pictures, so here it is :)

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss264/kylecurtis04/cracklimb.jpg

justin
05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Bummer. :( hope they get you going soon.

droppixel
05-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Bummer indeed, but they'll take care of it.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-03-2012, 04:20 AM
May be a bummer but the one good thing is they will fix it and you don't have to pay for it yourself.

Hutch:cool:

Lung Buster
05-03-2012, 05:55 AM
That really stinks! Sorry to hear that! Hope you get up and going again!

SJunior
05-03-2012, 06:49 AM
That looks familiar. Martin cs will have you shooting again in no time.

kylecurtis04
05-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Yea it does stink, but I know Martin will take care of me. Thanks for the support guys. Just getting ready to head out to the pro shop. Crossing my fingers that it will be ready by next friday.

wscywabbit
05-03-2012, 11:42 AM
wow, that blows man. I'm sorry. Especially because I bet you were looking forward to sticking a bird instead of taking the easy route... j/k ;)

At least we all know Martin will take care of you! Good luck with the hunt btw...

kylecurtis04
05-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Got the bow dropped off and shop tech said they would get the limbs ordered today. I'm not sure why the limb cracked. I've heard nothing but good things about the power tough limbs. Again, not mad at all. Just sucks because I was hoping to put a slick trick in a bird today and have to use the ole mossberg.

wscywabbit
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Got the bow dropped off and shop tech said they would get the limbs ordered today. I'm not sure why the limb cracked. I've heard nothing but good things about the power tough limbs. Again, not mad at all. Just sucks because I was hoping to put a slick trick in a bird today and have to use the ole mossberg.

yes, but you still get to hunt.... :)

kylecurtis04
05-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd.............. MARTIN COMES THROUGH! For my bow back today. Never had a single doubt in my mind. As always, great CS. Time to turkey hunt w it.

wscywabbit
05-11-2012, 10:52 PM
nice! Nothing beats great customer service. Glad to hear you're up and shooting again!