PDA

View Full Version : Feathers through whisker biscuit?

Cnight
05-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I was just wonderin if I could shoot feathers through a whisker biscuit with good results. I am getting tired of my vanes wanting to wrinkle and have heard a lot of good about feathers so thought i would try them. Any inptu?

Speedykills
05-06-2012, 06:17 PM
My input,blazers ive used them through a biscuit with no wear at all.My advise get a dropaway and keep shooting the vanes you have if you like them.

wscywabbit
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
You can shoot feathers through a biscuit no problem. One of the best parts about shooting feathers is that they lay down upon impact with something and then pop right back up once past. ;)

Cnight
05-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Ya i have been thinking about that but they get kinda pricy for me. The wrinkling could have been from my bow being out of tune. Any thought on th trophy ridge revolution?

Thermodude
05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi Cnight.........Ive never used a WB but at the shop where I help out alot of custumers do. There has allways been a problem with wear using this rest.......its accurate and simple but it contacts the fletching of the arrow and that means wear.......feathers I would think should fold as they pass through.........not sure how long they will hold up.

wscywabbit
05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
We may have posted at the same time, so in case you missed my last post, you CAN shoot feathers through a biscuit. Secondly, I use the revolution rest now (switched from biscuit recently) and love it!

dzsmith
05-07-2012, 11:09 AM
everybody keeps saying feathers are so expensive, you can get single colored shieldback feathers from gateway for $5 a dozen, so it would only cost you $15 to get enough to fletch a dozen arrows.I shoot feathers with no problem. a box of blazers cost 8-10, you would have to get 2 boxes if you wanted a different colored feather for your cock feather, so it doesnt cost that much more to shoot feathers, plus tru flight will send you a sampler pack with enough to fletch 6 arrows, but they are random colors.

wscywabbit
05-07-2012, 12:26 PM
man I got robbed! Truflight only sent me 6 feathers to try out! ;)

dzsmith
05-08-2012, 08:23 AM
wow dude yeah they sent me 18 feathers, i wonder why......