PDA

View Full Version : Fixed blade broadheads

Cnight
05-06-2012, 10:53 PM
What are you all using for fixed blade broadheads? I am looking at the muzzy mx3s right now but was wanting some opinions on wat is a decent head. I will probly b shootin elk as well as white tail.

Speedykills
05-06-2012, 11:00 PM
You cant go wrong with mx3,shot a nice buck with them last year or before made a huge wound went about 40yds and piled up.I had some tricks i tried to sell glad i didnt,shooting spot on with field tips using the firehawk.

Thermodude
05-07-2012, 04:31 AM
What are you all using for fixed blade broadheads? I am looking at the muzzy mx3s right now but was wanting some opinions on wat is a decent head. I will probly b shootin elk as well as white tail.

100 grn Steel Force Phat Heads...........they have worked great for me.

Money Man
05-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Wasp bullet 100 gr. very happy with them.

Tosi
05-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Slick Trick Mag 100g, no issue with my elk and or Mule deer last year. They fly just like my field tips especially out over 60 yards. The best part is that they are $28 for three, you can re-sharpen also.

WildWilt15
05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
You cant go wrong with mx3,shot a nice buck with them last year or before made a huge wound went about 40yds and piled up.I had some tricks i tried to sell glad i didnt,shooting spot on with field tips using the firehawk.

x2 love the head

bfisher
05-07-2012, 10:11 AM
In the past I've used a lot of different broadheads, all with replaceable blades. I'm kindof partial to the design of Muzzy, Innerloc and Slick Tricks simply due to their blade retention properties. I used to shoot Wasp SST heads, but once had at leat one blade peel off the ferrule after hitting a rib. I don't like the idea of gutting a deer with the possiblity of a blade floating around where I could get a nasty cut or missing finger. That being said, I've had InnerLoc since 1993. Hald dozen of them and a couple packes of extra blades and I'm good for a decade.

Double S
05-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Ive used 100 gr g5 Montecs., grim reaper Hades. I'm using TT shuttle T's this season . I used two blade Magnus bh's last season and I wasn't too happy with them. I returned all my magnus heads for GR Hades but they were out of stock. So I replaced them with TT Shuttle T. My favorite is the Hades.

Arrow Splitter
05-07-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm shooting Allen Gunnison broadheads. They're cheap, and fly very well.

A.S

wscywabbit
05-07-2012, 12:29 PM
right now I'm trying out Carbon Express F-15's... They look mean, and fly great! Hopefully I'll get to chase a blood trail this season and let you know about that as well ;)

Simple Life
05-07-2012, 04:27 PM
ST Mag and Muzzy MX3.Personally like the Slick Tricks more.

Simple Life
05-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Slick Trick Mag and Muzzy MX3.Personally like the Slick's more.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-07-2012, 06:09 PM
right now I'm trying out Carbon Express F-15's... They look mean, and fly great! Hopefully I'll get to chase a blood trail this season and let you know about that as well ;)The only thing I didn't like about the F-15 is they shatter easy. Other then that the were very good.

Hutch:cool:

jnordwell
05-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Im trying crimson talon xts this year. got a good deal on some. fly nice out of my bow. cant wait to see what they do to a animal.

Ehunter
05-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I've been shooting Shuttle T-Locks and Slick Trick Mags the last few years, and both are excellent heads. Fly true, penetrate very well, and leave a really nice hole on exit. Personally, I lean more towards the Shuttle T-Locks, as they seem to give a little better penetration. I'll be giving Sonic Broadheads a try this fall. They are flying very well, and in targets, seem to penetrate incredibly well. I like the cut on contact style of head they are. I'm thinking that might help penetration a bit. Seeing how they do on animals this fall will be ther real test, but everything so far looks really good.

SJunior
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I have my son using Thunderheads, good broadhead that has been around for a long time. I've used the standard Muzzy's with good luck. Gonna see how the Slick Trick Magnum 125's perform on black bear in Idaho in a month.

ftshooter
05-08-2012, 06:08 PM
There you have a lot of options Here is one more ..

Magnus Buzz cuts or Stingers ,,,they spin their heads before they are shipped out ..always fly great for me..sharp and have a life time warranty ,,made in the USA...

dzsmith
05-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Magnus killer bee buzz cuts. Pass throughs without blade damage very accurate. Lifetime warranty

droppixel
05-10-2012, 01:42 PM
G5 T3s :p

Heard that Muzzy makes solid fixed blades and you'll hear a lot about Slick Tricks when people are pushing Rage over in La-la Land.

elkslayer4x5
05-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Same ole plain Jane, Muzzy 3 blade, 6 of 'em for under $40. Fly like darts for me, leave a big blood trail. Forgot how many years I've shoot this head, use the same head for my recurve, same results , hits where my field points do. Cut two ribs on the last buck I shot, one going in and another leaving, went less than 40 yds. Nothing broke here, no need to 'fix' anything. :)

admin
05-11-2012, 10:01 AM
test

Arrow Splitter
05-11-2012, 11:37 AM
testThanks, this thread is now accessible.

A.S