PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Brandon

Ehunter
05-16-2012, 04:59 AM
Just wanted to send out a big thank you to Brandon at Martin tech repair. Joel was away in meetings, and Brandon stepped in and took care of a bow that had been "lost". Got it back yesterday, and this thing is a shooter now. 2008 Firecat updated to 2012. They did their typical great job, and a VERY fast turn around time once the bow was "found". Thanks Brandon and Martin!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Ehunter this didn't happen. There are no pics. Remember the rule!

Congrats on the shooter!!

Hutch:cool:

Arrow Splitter
05-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Ehunter this didn't happen. There are no pics. Remember the rule!

Congrats on the shooter!!

Hutch:cool:x2 It definitely didn't happen.:p

A.S

boobowbender
05-16-2012, 09:11 AM
i just cant picture it. a 20812 bow?

Arrow Splitter
05-16-2012, 03:09 PM
i just cant picture it. a 20812 bow?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: I was being numb, I get it now.LOL

wscywabbit
05-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Ya, I've seen a few of these on AT, 2008-10 Firecats with 2011/12 limbs/cups and Nitro 2.0 cams... You'll have to let us know how it shakes out, and how it compares to the CAT cams! ;)

justin
05-16-2012, 10:11 PM
my buddy with the firecat blew another limb, and ended up with nitro 2 cams on his 2010 fc. got the bow back from martin with new limbs, and the nitros. first thing he did was check the timing, and it was ok, so he shot over the chrono and it derailed. he put the string back on and shot again and it derailed again.... after the third time he sent it back to martin..... and the sent him a differnt bow with a blown bearing.... hes currently waiting for new cams...... he hasnt got to shoot any shoots this year.....

Ehunter
05-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Got about 40 shots through it so far, and this thing shoots! Seems plenty fast, VERY accurate, and quiet, even without limbsavers on it yet. Still need to do a good tune, but want to get 150 or so shots through it first, let things settle in. Just so you know it's actually a real bow, here's the pics guys. lol 65036504

wscywabbit
05-18-2012, 10:29 AM
very nice! How does it seem to compare to the old setup?

Ehunter
05-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Actually, it's significantly quieter, zero hand shock, and even though I haven't put it through the chrono yet, I think it's faster than the original set up. Put the HHA sight on it, and this is the first bow that had me using factory tapes that had markings out to 80 yards. I'm guessing this is shooting right at 300fps. That's at 28.25 true draw, 59#, and a 364 gr. arrow. Plenty smoking fast, and it's the quietest bow I own. Can't say enough good about it. One conversion that is well worth having it done. I did change out the string stop and tossed some Monster Jax on the limbs. I doubt you could even hear this thing from more than 6-8 feet away. I'm talking quiet.

cmwr
05-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Just wanted to send out a big thank you to Brandon at Martin tech repair. Joel was away in meetings, and Brandon stepped in and took care of a bow that had been "lost". Got it back yesterday, and this thing is a shooter now. 2008 Firecat updated to 2012. They did their typical great job, and a VERY fast turn around time once the bow was "found". Thanks Brandon and Martin!

Brandon built my bow according to the sticker. Way to go brandon. No troubles with mine either.;) Nice bow by the way.

Ehunter
05-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Wabbit, Not sure how this is happening, but I ran the bow through my chrono this weekend. Says it's only getting 270fps. 59# draw@28.25 True draw, 343 gr. arrow. Now, the weird part......... Using an HHA sight on it, and using the number 31 yardage tape. That's a lower number (smaller yardage gap) than I am using on my Onza or FC400, and both those bows are shooting over 300fps. Replaced the batteries in the chrono, shot again, 270. Can't figure this one out. I decided to start tuning for broadheads. Shot one from 20 yards, dead on. 40 yards, dead on. 60 yards, dead on. Never had to make a single adjustment, and the broadheads are hitting in the same group as FP's out to 70 yards. That was nice. Overall, this is easily comparable to my Onzas that I love so much for overall shootability, it's a bit quieter, although supposedly slower.

If anyone has any ideas why this is shooting slower, but has a smaller yardage gap, I'd love to hear from you. Gonna drive me nuts until I find out why. lol

Eric

WildWilt15
05-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Wabbit, Not sure how this is happening, but I ran the bow through my chrono this weekend. Says it's only getting 270fps. 59# draw@28.25 True draw, 343 gr. arrow. Now, the weird part......... Using an HHA sight on it, and using the number 31 yardage tape. That's a lower number (smaller yardage gap) than I am using on my Onza or FC400, and both those bows are shooting over 300fps. Replaced the batteries in the chrono, shot again, 270. Can't figure this one out. I decided to start tuning for broadheads. Shot one from 20 yards, dead on. 40 yards, dead on. 60 yards, dead on. Never had to make a single adjustment, and the broadheads are hitting in the same group as FP's out to 70 yards. That was nice. Overall, this is easily comparable to my Onzas that I love so much for overall shootability, it's a bit quieter, although supposedly slower.

If anyone has any ideas why this is shooting slower, but has a smaller yardage gap, I'd love to hear from you. Gonna drive me nuts until I find out why. lol

Eric

Well Eric this might come off a little weird, or make me sound crazy but here is my opinion, I found with my years of shooting that a heavier arrow drops more from 20-30 yards then a lighter arrow, but as you step back to 50-60 yards the lighter arrow starts to drop significantly more then the heavier arrow. The way i like to think of it is the resistance slowing a feather down going 300 mph is gonna have a greater affect in the long run then the resistance slowing a semi truck down doing 50mph. If you could chrono both arrows at 50 yards away i bet youd be suprised to find out the firecat is faster then your onzas. once again just my opinion do what you want with it . lol