PDA

View Full Version : Carbon STS

bfisher
05-17-2012, 02:26 PM
I can't find the thread or post, but a while back there was something posted to the effct that the new carbon STS will not fit 2011 bows or earlier. I assume this pertains to the Martin line. I also assume that the reason this was assumed was because the carbon STS is thread and fits into a barrlel nut which fits in a quick disconnect slot machined in the back of the 2012 risers. Well, out of curiosity I checked out my 2011 Nemisis last night and lo and behold there is a threaded hole some inches below the slot where the standard STS mounts. From this I'm going say that the carbon STS will fit the 2011 Nemisis.

Being mounted lower I don't know how effective it would be, but maybe it's worth a shot. The only modification needed would be to add a nut to the STS so it can be locked into position once fitted, but that might be included with the STS itself. I think I'm going to order one and try it.

archerx7
05-18-2012, 07:53 AM
There's a couple versions of the carbon STS, one version has a threaded attachment that fits in the quick disconnect, and the other uses just a standard 3/8" rod.

bfisher
05-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks. Didn't know that but suspected as much. Then it'll fit any bow with the STS hole in the back. Now all I have to figure out is what length I want. I'm sure Joel will be able to tell me.

wscywabbit
05-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Barry, the carbon STS is a screw in model. It will fit any of the 2011 bows that have the rear quick disconnect that sits at 90* to the strings... the 2011 Onza's QD sits at more like a 45* angle so it wouldn't work with it. I think most of the 2011 models will work though...

daiwateampenn
06-27-2012, 04:11 AM
have you ordered the Carbon STS? and have tried it out?
Interested to know too. Mine is the 2010 model donno can it fit or not.

bfisher
06-27-2012, 07:55 PM
no, I haven't ordered one yet. Now that I've seen enough of the 2012 bows I do know that there is a model that fits a drilled hole and then there's the threaded one like on the Scepter. Now, that being said, I just got my 2012 Nemisis and it has the old style so I will be callin to get this replaced and while I'm at it I'll order one for my 2011 model, too. One of these days.

daiwateampenn
06-27-2012, 09:20 PM
meaning, it eventually will fit the older model rite?

thanks for the info...

andy_camping
06-28-2012, 06:06 PM
One the 2012 Bengal Pro it is on a 3/8" carbon rod that insets into the riser and is held in place by two set screws. I would thing that the model that comes with the Bengal would fit the Nemesis. I believe it works that way on the Alien XT as well.

bfisher
06-28-2012, 07:09 PM
I don't know if these are available on the on-line store, but I would call Martin to order one if I were you (anybody). They come in 3 different lengths so you'd have to find out which specific one fits your bow. I would guess that the one on the Onza would fit the Nemisis, but I wouldn't take anything for granted.