PDA

View Full Version : quick disconnect length

cmwr
05-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I have been looking to no avail. On average what is the length of most commercial quick disconnects? Trying to factor it into my stab length. I assume close to an inch? And is it true that the QD is factored into the overall stab length in 3d competition? So you cannot measure over 12" from the bow riser to the end of the stab?

Double S
05-18-2012, 01:13 PM
If you have a certain QD brand in mind, I would call them and ask them about it. It's usually measured from where the base of the stabilizer makes contact with the riser once screwed in. Then measured out to the tip of the stabilizer.

bfisher
05-18-2012, 09:11 PM
It's a very simple rule. Measure from the riser to the end of the stabilizer. The way they word it makes it confusing. For hunter classes it's 12". If you have a QD then that factors in also. So if the QD measures 1 1/4" then the stabilizer can only be 10 3/4".

wscywabbit
05-19-2012, 11:12 AM
see now that doesn't make sense, why wouldn't they make it easy and just say 12" from the riser no matter how it's connected? Especially since our QD is designed into the riser...

bfisher
05-19-2012, 01:35 PM
see now that doesn't make sense, why wouldn't they make it easy and just say 12" from the riser no matter how it's connected? Especially since our QD is designed into the riser...

Because saying 12" from the riser would have been too simple. The way they have it worded can and does confuse people and that's what they want.

cmwr
05-20-2012, 06:58 AM
Because saying 12" from the riser would have been too simple. The way they have it worded can and does confuse people and that's what they want.

Thats what they want? Why do they want to confuse people?

bfisher
05-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Thats what they want? Why do they want to confuse people?

I shouldn't have said that, but I can't think of a logical explanation for using such confusing wording when it's really so simple.

cmwr
05-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Question......Do they factor in length from the riser if you have stuff between the QD and the riser such as a 1/8" piece of leather for a sling?

bfisher
05-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Question......Do they factor in length from the riser if you have stuff between the QD and the riser such as a 1/8" piece of leather for a sling?

Yep!!!!! Kind of nitpicking, but everything counts.