PDA

View Full Version : Roller cable guard (CCS) on 2009's&10's

madman350
05-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Anybody use a 2010 or so panatera with the roller cable guard ccs setup? Did it help the draw as advertised compared to a standard cable guide setup we see on the exiles,etc? it looks like the same setup on a lot of '09 firecats too. Would you still consider getting another bow that still had them on it ?

gravedigger
05-21-2012, 10:27 AM
heck ya buddy.i dig the CCS.i would get some new 2010's

madman350
05-21-2012, 04:25 PM
you think would they work as a replacement for a standard cable slide thats on the 2011 exile/ridge hunter/silencer risers? i see they are available in cloaked versions also.

Speedykills
05-21-2012, 09:20 PM
I have my 2010 firehawk now going on few months really like the bow,this is my 4th martin with the ccs& sts setup.................i really think martin hit a home run with this combo.

Tosi
05-22-2012, 09:27 AM
My 1st martin bow was a 2010 Pantera w/ the roller slide. Wicked accurate and fun too shoot. I harvested and Elk and Deer with it in 2011. Sold it to a buddy for his kid, wish I still had it. The only issue was I did replace two set of limbs, Martin CS replaced with upgraded limbs after the second set. Martin CS was Johnny on the spot. The other issue is you need to damper her doewn with LimbSaver and a good stablizer,"wold of differance".

gravedigger
05-22-2012, 11:43 AM
you think would they work as a replacement for a standard cable slide thats on the 2011 exile/ridge hunter/silencer risers? i see they are available in cloaked versions also.

it would be nice but the 2011 and up risers wont accecpt a ccs.wish they did.

Lung Buster
05-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Any body know why they got away from the ccs??

gravedigger
05-22-2012, 01:38 PM

i have no clue but i would like to know too.

joelc
05-22-2012, 06:04 PM

Because it doesn't add performance...doesn't make the bow any smoother to draw...it's no better than a rod/slide. The only thing it would "do" is increase cable tension and reduce a slight amount of vibration. In my opinion this change was so negligible that there was no reasonable advantage to add it to the bow. It simply cost money. The best rod and slide combo we have had was the old standard 'bent' cable rod and slide. You could adjust as much or as little clearance or tension as you wanted. Why re-invent the wheel?

BTW...I'm full of strong opinions...and you all know how the saying goes.

bowgramp59
05-22-2012, 07:07 PM
i changed all three of my alien xs from ccs to rod & slide, smoother to draw & a less chance of rolling the cables off the cam. all the measurments stayed the same , ata, brace ht. peak draw wt. very pleased with the change.

Speedykills
05-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Because it doesn't add performance...doesn't make the bow any smoother to draw...it's no better than a rod/slide. The only thing it would "do" is increase cable tension and reduce a slight amount of vibration. In my opinion this change was so negligible that there was no reasonable advantage to add it to the bow. It simply cost money. The best rod and slide combo we have had was the old standard 'bent' cable rod and slide. You could adjust as much or as little clearance or tension as you wanted. Why re-invent the wheel?

BTW...I'm full of strong opinions...and you all know how the saying goes.

Well thats too bad guess after this bow it's bowtech for me.

Hahahaha..........just kiddin.........

justin
05-22-2012, 10:54 PM
lol i never really liked the ccs..... thats what i have...... lol at least it looks cool and i dont have any problems with it..... shot a 2012 firecat tonight....... with the rod/slide..... frekin sweet. although i think he liked the ol alien z too.