PDA

View Full Version : Camo dip

Ehunter
05-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Just wondering everyone's thoughts on a camo dip. I was thinking about a black/white marble, but using a two tone green base, rather than the white, to get a spring camo pattern. Maybe a 3 tone base. Olive, light green, and a yellowish green. I just want something unique and different, that'll still blend in, and look good. Thanks guys!

Eric

elkslayer4x5
05-23-2012, 09:06 AM
I think that it would look as good as anything else out there in filmdip land, gonna have a seasonal bow? Of course, you'll need green strings.

Lung Buster
05-23-2012, 05:26 PM
I think it would look pretty sweet! Which bow you thinking about doing?

Ehunter
05-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Thinking about the 2008/2012 Firecat. It'll be a heck of a turkey bow, and I figured green was the way to go for spring turkeys. Might try to dip it myself, and see how that works out. Worst case, I have to strip it down, and send it off so someone can redo it right. lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey EH, check out YouTube, Iceman shows how to do it step by step. Looks cool and not that complicated.

Hutch:cool:

Ehunter
05-23-2012, 07:42 PM
I've watched a few vids on it, and it seems well within my talent range. lol Just looking at different ideas for patterns right now. Saw a snakeskin that might look really cool with a green base. Got plenty of time to decide before next spring gets here. lol

Double S
05-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Take a look at this website.
http://www.liquidprintone.com/gallery.php

This is where the dipping outfit that's doing the ASAT on my bow orders their film from. They have a lot patterns. I almost went with a Snakeskin pattern in a beige base. They got my Pattern in yesterday and might start work on my Nemesis in the next few days. (Fingers crossed)!. I'm waiting till I get it back so I can have Bill make me some Strings to match the bow. I want to loose the bow in the bushes if i sit it down.