PDA

View Full Version : Cost of new limbs for Prowler SE?

LondonDave
12-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I have a Prowler SE with "5H" limbs (55-70 lbs). Right now I still have them turned down below 55 lbs and I think the reality of it is that I will never be able to pull that weight. I understand that lighter limbs, 3H I think, can be purchased. Does anyone have any idea on cost or would I be better off to look for a new bow in the proper weight range? From everything I've read you are better to shoot a bow near the top of it's weight range, not near the bottom.

Thanks,

Dave

bfisher
12-20-2007, 07:21 PM
All things being equal getting lighter limbs wouldn't be such a bad idea. Cheaper than a new bow. Without checking the bow cam charts I am assuming your Prowler has the 14" (magnum) limbs. Measure end to end and see.

If this is the case then you are correct that 3H would drop the weight range to 45-60. The MSRP on them is $198 but you might get a break from your dealer. You might also check out the classified ads on www.archerytalk.com See what's for sale or trade. Maybe place an ad in the Wanted to Buy (WTB) column. Might get lucky and find someone who wants to make an even swap.

Changing the limbs should not be a problem. You can back out the limb bolts enough to disassemble the bow. And you need not worry about what logo (bow model) the limbs came from. 14" Magnum limbs are all the same.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

LondonDave
12-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Barry,

Thanks for the info and the link.

Are there lighter limbs than 3H? Is there a 2H that would give me something like a 40-55 lb range?

Dave

bfisher
12-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes Dave, the limbs go clear down to 00L (that's double zero). You are correct that 2H would give you 40-55#. At least according to all the charts.