PDA

View Full Version : this years change in bow hunt regs in oregon

gravedigger
05-24-2012, 04:47 PM
looks like i cant hunt doe in the unit i hunt in.this comes with the 2012 changes from ODFW.i have a hard enough time trying to get a nice clean shot off on a doe...........................let alone a buck.once in a blue moon i see a buck but not often enough.so no more deer hunting for me,just have to stick with elk.

anyone else have a major change in ther states regs?

Lung Buster
05-24-2012, 05:22 PM
No major changes for nj but sorry to hear that! They dont make it very easy to enjoy our sport any more do they?

NuttyNative
05-24-2012, 08:28 PM
NDOW upped the tags this year on mule deer, went from 7200 to 13,285. Everything else went up slightly.

Thermodude
05-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Crossbows in my state...........dont get me started!

Lung Buster
05-25-2012, 04:58 AM
Yeah last year jersey let people hunt with crossbows now every one who shouldnt be in the woods is there

wscywabbit
05-25-2012, 10:27 AM
That sucks GD, no other units close by? That's one thing I didn't like about ODFW was that your license/tag was was good only for one unit. In Washington your tag is good for all units, you just have to follow the rules for whatever unit you're in.

HOWEVER, I think ODFW does a better job of game management than WDFW... your herds are much stronger in number, especially elk!

gravedigger
05-25-2012, 10:31 AM
That sucks GD, no other units close by? That's one thing I didn't like about ODFW was that your license/tag was was good only for one unit. In Washington your tag is good for all units, you just have to follow the rules for whatever unit you're in.

HOWEVER, I think ODFW does a better job of game management than WDFW... your herds are much stronger in number, especially elk!

ther are lots of units i can hunt but it is too far of a drive for me,so i hunt a place that is near my house.but most all units for bow are buck only now.it does bite the big one.

Tosi
05-26-2012, 09:56 AM
AZ, no big changes other that Dec Deer is back open in the area I hunt. Biggest Change is no Prairie dog hunting. Had a nabor that got buster with about 10 other folks shooting them with bow on his propety. He may loose his rights to hunt in AZ for up to five years. The Dumass was out shooting them and a game and fish officer live with-in sight of his house. Well they don't call him arrow slinger for nothing. This nuckle-head will shoot anything befor he reading the regs.