PDA

View Full Version : Single cam or dual?

typically8
05-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Ok, so I sent my onza back to the seller due to the fact that he sent me a 2011 and not the 2012. Now I am second guessing my decision to get a dual cam bow. I currently have a single cam Saber which is smooth to draw and easy to tune. I do not own a bow press and am worried about having to tune the cams on the Onza. I try to shoot 12 (minimum) arrows a day. What are your thoughts?

Thermodude
05-26-2012, 05:46 AM
Ok, so I sent my onza back to the seller due to the fact that he sent me a 2011 and not the 2012. Now I am second guessing my decision to get a dual cam bow. I currently have a single cam Saber which is smooth to draw and easy to tune. I do not own a bow press and am worried about having to tune the cams on the Onza. I try to shoot 12 (minimum) arrows a day. What are your thoughts?

I think you will find the Nitro cams on the Onza to be very smooth and the draw of the bow to be effortless..............the difference in performance between the two cam versues single is very obvious.......I own both and my vote is for the two cam.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-26-2012, 07:08 AM
One thing to remember you don't need a bow press with most Martins. That in itself is a plus but also the newer binary cams don't need as much work as the older duals did. Once a binary is set with a good set of strings on them you shouldn't have to touch it for quite some time.

Hutch:cool:

Speedykills
05-26-2012, 07:09 AM
One thing to remember you don't need a bow press with most Martins. That in itself is a plus but also the newer binary cams don't need as much work as the older duals did. Once a binary is set with a good set of strings on them you shouldn't have to touch it for quite some time.

Ditto..................

cmwr
05-26-2012, 07:12 AM
I will touch on what Hutch said. Once your strings are stretched and settled in, even on older 2 cam models, I never had any problems keeping them tuned. I had a 1 cam job once years ago. It was ok but I prefer 2 cams over 1 anyday. Mathews can stick their one cam hype where the sun doesn't shine...:cool:

Simple Life
05-26-2012, 07:25 AM

X3..I like my dual for the reason I can turn it down lower in DW and still be faster the my single.Never had to time it yet,and it has been 2 years.

WildWilt15
05-26-2012, 08:34 AM
i was in the same boat you are in i shot single cams my whole life never thought id change. until i shot some of the nitro cam bows. but usually the bows come timed.

Tosi
05-26-2012, 09:38 AM
i was in the same boat you are in i shot single cams my whole life never thought id change. until i shot some of the nitro cam bows. but usually the bows come timed.

Ditto, I'm also the same. Shot 1 Cam for yeras. I have both Nitro and Fury, Nitro is smooth but will say that I shoot the Pantera lights out and will use on Deer this year and maybe Elk also.

Arrow Splitter
05-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Here you go:http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?8256-Single-Cam-or-Dual-cam-which-do-you-guys-prefer&highlight=Single+Dual

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-26-2012, 01:52 PM
One of each it solves a lot of problems:rolleyes:

droppixel
05-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Really whatever you feel comfortable with I say. I have the Bengal (single) shoot amazing. I have Alien (dual/binary) shoots amazing. Really with the two, there is no noticeable difference in the draw for me, but you can tell the Alien has a little more zip on it. For me, I actually shoot the Bengal better for some reason, whether or not that has to do with the cams is a whole nother story.

Do what feels right to you.

typically8
05-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I am waiting for the refund to come through then I will decide which way to go. I will post some pics when my decision is made and delivered. Either way it will be a Martin.

droppixel
05-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I am waiting for the refund to come through then I will decide which way to go. I will post some pics when my decision is made and delivered. Either way it will be a Martin.

Smart man ;)

daiwateampenn
05-28-2012, 10:51 PM
I started off buying my first bow which is -> split limb, single cam bow, less maintainance. End up only having the bow for one month. Why? no press for me part the bow down or to do some adjustment on string and cable, and installing peep. Split limb cant use bowmaster press unless the with the adapter, i personally dont feel safe. And worst part, i bought a use bow, i need to find cam module that suit my draw length.
After a month with the single cam bow,
Straight away shot the Hybrix cams' of Rytera Nemesis. same with the nitrous cam i think.
Its so smooth and easy to draw. Personally thinks that once the bow is tuning right. It produce more forgiving shot. personal feels. (coz i hitting the bulleye very morning now. hehehe)
But comes to tuning (if u would like to play around with the cable and string) that will be challengin part, but it worth learning and its fun.

What actually triggers me to pick up the Rytera, is the cam module, which you dont need several module for the draw length. And the solid Limb, which ease you to part down the bow using portable bowmaster press. Even Martin bow does not need a press to part it down, i still use the portable press which is faster to part them down. And also the appealing looks of Martin and Rytera bow.
Using the press services at my local pro shop cost a bomb. So, many consideration cames to my mind before i actually bought my Rytera Nemesis

you wouldnt go wrong with Martin either single or dual. there are just amazing. And suprisingly last week i went to the local indoor range with my Rytera, other archer look at me like, What bow is that, and where you from.?
Hahaha... Just proud of myself shooting the Rytera.

Arrow Splitter
05-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Straight away shot the Hybrix cams' of Rytera Nemesis. same with the nitrous cam i think.

Correct. The Hybrix and the Nitro cams are the same.

A.S