PDA

View Full Version : Sad day today!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Well guys, its a very sad day today. I had to put down our cat. We had her for 14 years. My whole family is not doing well, as she was a big part of the family. :(

Hutch:(

Speedykills
05-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Thats to bad,never easy to do,but on the brite side there is no shortage of cats........................

bfisher
05-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear that, Bill. My condolences to your whole family. I've always been a realist and say animals are just animals, but when I had to put my Beagle (hunting buddy) down some years back I bawled my eyes out. It left an empty spot in my heart as my dad had died 3 years prior and she was all that was left of my hunting buddies. I honestly believe I could part with my wife with less trauma (she doesn't hunt).

To this day I vow not to get another dog. I'd like to but although I miss them both it's a lot easier to cope now and it's nice being able to just lock the door and go on a trip without having to worry about a pet.

Thermodude
05-28-2012, 06:37 AM
Very sorry to hear that Bill, my wife and I have two dogs and a cat and to us they are just like children and a major part of our family. I know the day will come for us, that too will be a very sad day.

elkslayer4x5
05-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Sorry to read that Bill. My condolencences to your family. I know how they feel, had to do the same thing 4 years ago, and back in the 90's I had a Doberman that I had to have put down, broke my heart, and to this day, I have'nt had another dog, although am thinking strongly about a Greman Shorthair Pointer puppy soon. Grandson's dog is getting real gray around his muzzle, the dog is nine now. Time will help, but the family will always feel the loss. Hug everyone, spread the love.

wscywabbit
05-28-2012, 11:03 AM
I understand, I'm sorry :(. We have a cat that is 16 and I don't know how much longer he'll be with us either. I just know it will kill my wife and kids (I might miss him a little too ;))

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks Guys, she was 18 years plus. Not sure of how old but a good idea she was over 18. We are done with pets for now it was very hard on us. Always looking for her when you walk in the room. The 14yr old daughter took it the hardest. Now we are trying to keep her busy.

Hutch:cool:

Tosi
05-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Sorry guys! I will be puting down a mean *** rooster later to day. He's a blue ribon fair (4H) winner, but has got agressive around my 4yr old. He will taste like chicken.

Lung Buster
05-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Hutch! Never an easy decision to make.

Double S
05-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Sorry to hear that Bill. I have two cats right now and had several pass away on me before and I had one napping in my trucks radiator fan guard. I didn't know it until I started the truck. She made it out but she was horribly maimed and suffering. I had to put her down. I was crying like a newborn on the way home from the vet.

Ehunter
05-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Bill. Regardless of what anyone says, pets become part of a family just like any person does. Always a terrible loss when you lose one. Condolences to you and your family.

bob cooly
05-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Got a Border Collie pup for my birthday when I was 7. For 14 years we were inseperatable, I feel your pain.

Skbengal
06-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, Bill. Please know that we are filled with thoughts and prayers of loving kindness for you and your family during this time of grief. Love Rick and Linda.