05-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Bow Maintenance!!!!!!
Do you do it?
How often?
What do you do?

Hutch:cool:

WildWilt15
05-28-2012, 05:54 PM
OFCOURSE!!! every year i take my cams off my bow and grease them make sure everythings still in working condition, and ofcourse regular string waxing and before i shoot my bow at a 3d shoot or go hunting i check my limbs for hairline cracks and do a complete equipment look over especially my arrows. You can never be to careful when it comes to anything that is potentially dangerous.

WildWilt15
05-28-2012, 05:59 PM
OFCOURSE!!! every year i take my cams off my bow and grease them make sure everythings still in working condition, and ofcourse regular string waxing and before i shoot my bow at a 3d shoot or go hunting i check my limbs for hairline cracks and do a complete equipment look over especially my arrows. You can never be to careful when it comes to anything that is potentially dangerous.

well not grease but oil with oil for a paintball gun

TEN RING
05-28-2012, 06:32 PM
well not grease but oil with oil for a paintball gun

I use white lithium grease in a spray can, but I havent keep a bow more than a year in the last 6 years but I'm really loving my firecat mite start a new trend

dugout
05-28-2012, 10:35 PM
well not grease but oil with oil for a paintball gun If it's the Planet Eclipse oil it's sewing machine oil and will not stay where it's put. Dow 55 or Dow 33 are super o-ring greases but I'm not sure about the lubricity on hard parts. Tri-Flow Grease is great stuff if you can find it. Tri-Flow oil is fairly common.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-28-2012, 10:39 PM
If it's the Planet Eclipse oil it's sewing machine oil and will not stay where it's put. Dow 55 or Dow 33 are super o-ring greases but I'm not sure about the lubricity on hard parts. Tri-Flow Grease is great stuff if you can find it. Tri-Flow oil is fairly common.

I used to have a bicycle business and all we used it Tri-flow and I still buy it through the bicycle places. It is the best thing I have found for sealed bearings.

WildWilt15
05-28-2012, 11:26 PM
If it's the Planet Eclipse oil it's sewing machine oil and will not stay where it's put. Dow 55 or Dow 33 are super o-ring greases but I'm not sure about the lubricity on hard parts. Tri-Flow Grease is great stuff if you can find it. Tri-Flow oil is fairly common.

i know its not the planet eclipse its from a tippmann im not for sure what kind but it seems to work very well on my cheetah over the past 3 years.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Bow Maintenance the first thing I asked is, do you do it? Reason I asked is so many don't and wait till the last moment and the results are not good. The next question is how often? Some think service a bow once a year is enough. Well if you are a heavy shooter you need to check the bow regularly. Many times I have checked the bow over and glad I did. Limb splinters is the number one thing I have found. The last question I asked is What do you do for maintenance? I think WildWilt15 answered it pretty well. The one thing that needs the most maintenance is the string set. Too many things can go wrong with it. A well maintained bow preforms well.

Speedykills
05-29-2012, 08:12 PM
I wax my strings every once in awhile,wipe bow off if it gets rained on.....checks specs if shots are off,new string ans cable every so often.Bout it.

droppixel
05-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Bow Maintenance!!!!!!
Do you do it? - Yes
How often? - Depends
What do you do? - Depends

I typically have tinker-itis. I like to know how the bow operates inside and out so I am able to take care of whatever I need to in the event something goes wrong. I regularly look over my strings before/after shooting. Keep an eye on the serverings to see if there is any wear and how bad it might be. Give the strings a good waxing every other shooting session. I keep an eye on all of my hardware to make sure it is all snugged up. When I need to use any lube, I use White Lithium grease. I haven't had to do much for my 2 newer bows, but I did break the Cheetah down and grease up the Limb Pockets / Bolts at the end of the season. I haven't dove into getting cams off yet, but I'm sure when the time comes it's something I'll figure out.

Whenever I adjust anything, I always measure out ATA and BH just to make sure everything is inline as well there.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-29-2012, 08:21 PM
I wax my strings every once in awhile,wipe bow off if it gets rained on.....checks specs if shots are off,new string ans cable every so often.Bout it.That is a lot more than most do! That alone gives you the edge if you see anything a little off you know there is a problem.

WildWilt15
05-29-2012, 10:28 PM
another thing i do before a 3d shoot or go hunting is light tap on my bow with the palm of my hand to check if anythings loose and i did find before shooting my onza the module was loose. you can never be to cautious when it comes to bow care guys.