PDA

View Full Version : Noticed a little I mean little chip on my bottom limb??

jnordwell
06-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I was out shooting and one of my bowjax started to come off. So I peeled it off and noticed a very small clip or flick off the limb camo coating. It appears to be less then a 1/16th of a inch deep. Should I be concerned? I feel like it should be ok. but dont want to have a bow explode on me. Thanks will try and take a pic as soon as I can get some time.

ftshooter
06-07-2012, 10:07 PM
I have seen these before , Some times a bow can get banged into the edge on a tree stand etc. and do this..You will want to watch it as it can start to splinter off down the side of the limb ..But, I would not worry to much about it exploding all at once ...In fact, I had one like this and put a little super glue there and kept shooting it ..However, I am not recomending that ,,I am just saying that is what I did..

Come to think of it, for your own piece of mind take to a bow shop and let them look at it and see what they say...

jnordwell
06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
well its on the belly of the limb not the side. right at the junction on the limb were it starts to thicker before the limb fork.

bfisher
06-08-2012, 05:58 AM
I would do as suggested and have a shop look at it. It could be a splinter of the glass or it may just be a piece of the camo dip that peeled off. Either way, a shop should be able to tell you. If it's a piece of the glass it may just be covered by the warranty.