PDA

View Full Version : Cable doesn't line up with module when bow is drawn

Arrow Splitter
06-22-2012, 02:04 PM
I have had this problem since I got my 2007 Jaguar back in 2007. It's just worse now. When the string is at rest, you can see that the cam isn't totally vertical like it should be. When I draw the bow, the cable consequently doesn't go into the module properly, which messes the serving up sometimes and right now with the F-5 mod set on the first of three pegs, I have very soft, non-stable back wall.

The string and cable are new, (the pics are a preview:cool:) and ATA and BH are correct. The bow has 55-70 lb. limbs, set at 61 lbs. It shoots great, but I would like the cam to be positioned correctly so it feels right.

Any suggestions????? More pics can be provided, including pics of the bow drawn if necessary (compliments of the Super Shooter). 6686

A.S66876688668966906691

bfisher
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Brad, how does the idler on the top limb line up? You do know you can twist one side of the yoke cable to straighten the idler out, right. OK, I notice that this appears to be the Dyna-cam. Yu could try removing the cam and reshimming it with nylon washers so it's closer to the right fork on the limb. If that doesn't help try swapping the limb around top to bottom. That's about all the options you have. If neither of these helps..............

Next step? Call Joel and be ready to email him the pics.

Speedykills
06-22-2012, 02:22 PM
I had that same bow2006 model,didnt remember it having any issues,but bfisher about covered it,last option would be new limbs most likely.

typically8
06-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Could the axle have "wobbled" and created a larger hole in the cam resulting in the leaning I see?

TEN RING
06-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Do you have your strings & cable crossed right ???

Arrow Splitter
06-22-2012, 08:34 PM
The idler lines up well. It is a Dyna-Cam. Shimming didn't seem to help either. I haven't tried swapping the limbs around yet, but the limbs have been replaced a couple times for other reasons and this problem is still around.

Brad, how does the idler on the top limb line up? You do know you can twist one side of the yoke cable to straighten the idler out, right. OK, I notice that this appears to be the Dyna-cam. Yu could try removing the cam and reshimming it with nylon washers so it's closer to the right fork on the limb. If that doesn't help try swapping the limb around top to bottom. That's about all the options you have. If neither of these helps..............

Next step? Call Joel and be ready to email him the pics.

I don't think the limbs are the problem, since they have been replaced.

I had that same bow2006 model,didnt remember it having any issues,but bfisher about covered it,last option would be new limbs most likely.
Maybe, I'll have to look at it, but as I've said this problem has been around even before the limbs were replaced.

Could the axle have "wobbled" and created a larger hole in the cam resulting in the leaning I see?
Oh Yeah!!:cool:

Do you have your strings & cable crossed right ???

CaptJJ
06-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Is the cable guard adjustable? Cables look to be pulled to the side pretty far in the pics, they only need to be far enough to let the fletchings pass; shooting cock feather out requires the least room to clear the cables.

jnordwell
06-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Is the cable guard adjustable? Cables look to be pulled to the side pretty far in the pics, they only need to be far enough to let the fletchings pass; shooting cock feather out requires the least room to clear the cables.

sounds about right.

bfisher
06-24-2012, 11:11 AM

Good idea. Maybe a pic from the back (full length) with an arrow nocked would let us see something.

Arrow Splitter
06-24-2012, 05:27 PM
More pics to come. I hope to take the cam off tomorrow and have a look. I moved the cable rod in a little as suggested, but it didn't change the cam's position. It looks like there's a gap between the washer and the cam (left side in the second to last picture).

TEN RING
06-24-2012, 06:19 PM
you maybe just be missing a spacer they are just plastic I have seen them brake before Might want to give joel a ring to see whats to be on there or if you know some one with the same bow to look at

Arrow Splitter
06-24-2012, 06:23 PM
you maybe just be missing a spacer they are just plastic I have seen them brake before Might want to give joel a ring to see whats to be on there or if you know some one with the same bow to look atMy sister has a 05 Jaguar, but no spacers that I can see. I'll have to get pics of her cam on here for reference.

A.S

TEN RING
06-24-2012, 06:44 PM
can you back off your limb bolts to see if you have side to side play or if the bearing are bad

Ehunter
06-24-2012, 07:05 PM
It does almost look like a bad bearing, or a bent axle. It wouldn't take much play in either to cause that amount of lean. When you take the cam off, you might roll the axle on a flat surface, and see if it has any wobble to it at all. If not, spin the cam on the axle (on or off the bow), and see if it has any side to side wobble to it.

Arrow Splitter
06-24-2012, 07:39 PM
can you back off your limb bolts to see if you have side to side play or if the bearing are bad
I'm going to press it tomorrow and check.

It does almost look like a bad bearing, or a bent axle. It wouldn't take much play in either to cause that amount of lean. When you take the cam off, you might roll the axle on a flat surface, and see if it has any wobble to it at all. If not, spin the cam on the axle (on or off the bow), and see if it has any side to side wobble to it.Yeah, I will be looking into that. I am wondering if the axle is straight myself.

gstudt
06-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Hey Arrow Splitter,

Try removing the limb off the bottom and then either remove the left bearing support and take out the nylon spacer, or remove the right bearing support and (add) place an additional spacer under it.

This will work really well for you.

I have done this many times to get the cams to work out the way they should from the factory.

Arrow Splitter
06-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Hey Arrow Splitter,

Try removing the limb off the bottom and then either remove the left bearing support and take out the nylon spacer, or remove the right bearing support and (add) place an additional spacer under it.

This will work really well for you.

I have done this many times to get the cams to work out the way they should from the factory.Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

It's raining outside, so there's no better time to work on my bow.:cool:

Arrow Splitter
06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
My thanks to everyone for their suggestions so far. I'll be posting later to tell you guys what went on.

A.S

Arrow Splitter
06-25-2012, 12:08 PM
I removed the cam, and found that the gap between the cam and nylon spacer was do to the fact that it wasn't pushed in all the way. The axle seems to be fine, and there is no abnormal play in the cam left or right.

I did find that the axle can slide back and forth about .005" with the e-clips on it. I don't think this is normal (is it?:confused:) See pictures below, the first one shows the gap.

I will now try gstudt's solution and report back.

A.S

bfisher
06-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Don't worry about the axle sliding back and forth. This is fairly normal. Th cam bearing floats on the axle and can only move within the limb forks. Worry if there is play between the limb forks. If it bothers you you can just as a thin nylon washer between the limb and E-clip, but it doesn't hurt anything as is.

Arrow Splitter
06-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Don't worry about the axle sliding back and forth. This is fairly normal. Th cam bearing floats on the axle and can only move within the limb forks. Worry if there is play between the limb forks. If it bothers you you can just as a thin nylon washer between the limb and E-clip, but it doesn't hurt anything as is.

OK, thanks.

I've got to go to work, but will get back to working on my bow tonight or tomorrow.

A.S

Arrow Splitter
06-26-2012, 01:46 PM
I did as gstudt suggested, but when I put the limbs back on I couldn't tighten the top one very far. I had this problem when I took the limbs off the last time.

I removed the bolt and pulled out the barrel nut that's in riser, and the threads were a little messed up. I'm not sure why, since I hardly ever remove the bolts.
Anyway, I ran a tap through it, and that allowed the bolt to go through again, but I can't get it to tighten up with the bolt through the limb.

So I'm going to need another barrel nut to replace that one. I'm probably going to contact joelc, unless someone else has the part I need.

A.S

bfisher
06-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Man, you just can't buy any luck can you. I'd replace the nut and the bolt. Call Joel.

Simple Life
06-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I have a nut and bolt if you need it Brad.It is out of a 01 but should be the same.Just let me know and I will send it out.

joelc
06-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Just send me an email and I'll send you the darn bolt...barrel nuts too :cool:

Arrow Splitter
06-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Man, you just can't buy any luck can you. I'd replace the nut and the bolt. Call Joel.
LOL No need now.

I have a nut and bolt if you need it Brad.It is out of a 01 but should be the same.Just let me know and I will send it out.
Thanks, but I guess I'm all set now.

Thanks, will do.

A.S

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-26-2012, 08:59 PM

Thanks joelc! now maybe he will be ready for hunting this year.

Hutch:cool:

Arrow Splitter
06-27-2012, 07:23 AM
OK, as soon as my parts come I'll let you guys know if the other problem is solved.

A.S