PDA

View Full Version : a walk into the past

TEN RING
06-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Has I posted in a earlyer thread I got my son a bow that used to be mine after putting new string on it I took in out to get in close for him and wow I used to like this bow it felt let I went back 20 years in the feel of the bow and it only a 2005, have you got to shoot one of your old bow and what did you think

bfisher
06-23-2012, 07:36 PM
I've had similar experiences. Two years ago I gave one of my old Pearson bow to a teenager at our club. He's a good kid and his dad couldn't afford to buy him one. Well, I had this 2003 Pearson Freedom that had been hanging for over 5 years so I got it out, took it to the club, and changed mods, string and cable and set the thing up for him. Juat to go a little further I started to sight it in at 20 yards to make sure it was at least close for him.

Man, I want to say, that bow was a real shooter. Just as good as I remember it being. I almost hated to give it up, but being a Martin shooter I followed through.

I never received any money fom the lad, or did I expect it. What I did get was a card with the nicest Thankyou note I've ever received. And that was thanks enough.

Arrow Splitter
06-23-2012, 10:33 PM
I used to like this bow it felt let I went back 20 years in the feel of the bow and it only a 2005, have you got to shoot one of your old bow and what did you thinkHOLD IT! LOL My bow is only two years newer! LOL:D Some of us only have one bow (unless I count my youth compound).:p

A.S

typically8
06-24-2012, 12:48 AM
I gave my 10 year old PSE Nova to my oldest brother, how just got the archery bug. I was showing him how to sight it in and I was getting givers remorse..oh well I have my Martin Saber and now an Onza.

elkslayer4x5
06-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Had the same feeling. Gave my son my favorite recurve , a Darton Fury, when my right shoulder was torn up. (Torn rotator cuff ) After my shoulder was repaired, I started shooting again, with a used Martin Slayer that I put into shooting condition with the help of this forum. But as I've mentioned before, I'm really more of a traditional archer, and I really missed that old recurve. Long story short, picked up an old Ben Pearson Cougar recurve in April, and hunted turkey season with it. :)

Chip
06-29-2012, 09:36 AM
I don't have my old compound bow any longer, but I get that feeling when I hunt with and shoot trap with my SxS I bought when I was 15.

droppixel
06-29-2012, 10:27 AM
HOLD IT! LOL My bow is only two years newer! LOL:D Some of us only have one bow (unless I count my youth compound).:p

A.S

Hey nothing wrong with an '07 - my Bengal is an '07 ;)

WildWilt15
06-29-2012, 10:39 AM
you mean your cheetah^^^ someone needs to take some of his bows hes loosing track of em all:p

Arrow Splitter
06-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey nothing wrong with an '07 - my Bengal is an '07 ;)That's right, except I can't shoot it right now. Parts are on the way though.:cool:

you mean your cheetah^^^ someone needs to take some of his bows hes loosing track of em all:p

I'll help! DP, just send me the one at the top of your sig. I only have one bow, so I need a "backup".:p