PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed for full draw

daiwateampenn
06-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi Bro n Sis,

i need your advice for my bow at full draw.
Pic is attached. and sorry for the top cam pic, wic is kinda blur, cant get my nephew to snap a good shot. hai!!!!
Do you bro n sis think is the cable is flat enough to hit the mod?

Problem is
i was wondering why my bow is still sound loud.

Advice and comment is most welcome, as i love to learn to improve myself and gain more knowledge.

jnordwell
06-25-2012, 10:22 PM
all of my bows sound loud to me the shooter....have my wife stand down ahead of me and she says that they are fairly muffled. Try and have a video camera set up downrange and see if it picks up the noise. Im no expert but it looks good and in time.

bfisher
06-25-2012, 10:32 PM
You may have to find something else causing the noise. Your cams appear to in sync.

daiwateampenn
06-25-2012, 10:40 PM
all of my bows sound loud to me the shooter....have my wife stand down ahead of me and she says that they are fairly muffled. Try and have a video camera set up downrange and see if it picks up the noise. Im no expert but it looks good and in time.

will try the video cam idea. hope it really muffled.

You may have to find something else causing the noise. Your cams appear to in sync.

All asseccories and parts are tight, checked and checked. Cam bearing can cause loud bow?

String? i remove 2 twist from the cable. Do i need to untwist the string? i didnt untwist the string yet.
Seem the sound come from the string itself. More like a whipping sound.

Speedykills
06-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Not that my bow was all that loud but i put a limb saver replacement rubber on the sts and made a world of a difference.....

bfisher
06-26-2012, 06:21 AM
Do you have an STS on the bow? You can try moving it back and forth. Recommended settin is a gap the thickness of a business card between the string and the rubber, but sometimes I set mine right against the string. Another quick way to tell if it's string related is just to cut a few rubber bands and tie them to the string like Cat Whiskers. If it ends up beng that you can just put a couple Lmbsaver string leeches in the string. They don't cost but 2 fps but work very well.

daiwateampenn
06-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Not that my bow was all that loud but i put a limb saver replacement rubber on the sts and made a world of a difference.....

Do you have an STS on the bow? You can try moving it back and forth. Recommended settin is a gap the thickness of a business card between the string and the rubber, but sometimes I set mine right against the string. Another quick way to tell if it's string related is just to cut a few rubber bands and tie them to the string like Cat Whiskers. If it ends up beng that you can just put a couple Lmbsaver string leeches in the string. They don't cost but 2 fps but work very well.

Did ever try with the sts rubber. Not much different. Do haf leech on the string.
By the way, does leech haf life span? The leech on my string seem old. Perhaps is time to get replacement.

Will try on the rubber band idea.

Tosi
06-26-2012, 08:28 AM
I would have to agree with Speedykills on the sts. My Fire Cat 400 had the same issue and sound. I replaced the sts with the new Carbon, Made sure that the sts was adjusted correctly and replaced the Martin rubber string stop with a Mac Daddy string stop. Now she's as quite as a cat... No pun intended.

droppixel
06-26-2012, 10:58 AM
If the cams are in sync, which yours appear to be, doesn't matter if the cable sits completely flat to the mod or if there is a space in it. From what I know/understand ... at least think ... if they aren't sitting completely flat you aren't achieving a max let-off. No biggie with where they are. Try a new STS bumper and make sure all hardware is snugged down. Have someone listen to the shot from a little distance and see what they think. Other thing would be shoot a heavier arrow or add a string silencer if you aren't running them.

bob cooly
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
My 2011 Onza WAS a loud bow. The easiest fix for a loud bow I've found is to increase your arrow weight. My Onza has 50lb limbs and I increased my arrow weight from 380 grains to 420 grains. That in itself made a huge difference, also threw some left over Matthews (worms) on the string and now she's quiet as can be. Whiskers also worked for me in the past. I don't use any stablizer or other vibration dampeners. For a cheap try change out you field tips with some heavier ones and give it a go. Sometimes we over due, well almost always, trying to perfect our equipment when the simple fixes work without attaching a used garage door opener to the bow.

daiwateampenn
06-26-2012, 07:05 PM
thanks all bro advice and comments. will order some need string silencer and sts bumper. c how it works out.

daiwateampenn
07-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Update on the loud bow.

I ordered STS bumper and new VEM from Martin Archery, suprising, it arrived at my door unexpected fast. didnt expected it to arrive that fast (Only take up one week). because im all the way from Malaysia, and usually arrived 2nd or 3rd week which i have get used to it. Thanks Martin Archery.

Replaced it last night. and shot it this morning, Amazing, the bow is muted.

I will say, STS bumper does have life span, the old sts bumper looks good in condition but does not work out to the max. Replaced with the new one, and the bow now is very quite...