PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speedykills
06-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Now as you know i like my Martin bows,with such a great piece of equipment why the heck do they use those cheap cable slides!!!!!!!!!!!
Im out shootin this evening and nailin the x like a pro then i look to admire my bow and what do i see,my string has strands tore up,brand new hammer heads too. I look closer and see it's the cable slide,never thought about it being a problem.Do a little search and see im not alone.Well anyway i had a hoyt slide it has rounded edges so its very smooth,just hope it;s not to late on the string.Ok im done...........:mad:

TEN RING
06-29-2012, 11:12 PM
sorry to here that but it's the first thing I change out the nap's are really good slides

typically8
06-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Does it matter if you replace it with a straight slide or a dog earred? I just got an Onza and dont wont to have to waste the string right off the bat. I have not had any problems with my Martin Saber.

Simple Life
06-30-2012, 06:50 AM
That sucks SK.Heard the Hoyt ones are a good slide.Been itching to buy a Saunders to put on my FC,heard good things about them too.

pizzadave
06-30-2012, 08:16 AM
I replaced the slide on my Cheetah with a Saunders. I can honestly say I have ZERO complaints. Smooth, quiet, and frees up drag that others have.

Thermodude
06-30-2012, 11:10 AM
......Man that sucks, Im like many others and I change mine as soon as I get the bow. Ive got a Limbsaver teflon on my Pantera and a Saunders Hyperglide on my Onza. I also keep plenty of teflon string and cable wax on it also.

Speedykills
06-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Ya i agree i shouldve saw it comming,most of my martin's had a ccs or the white ones,so didnt really register,lessoned learned.......:(

Kinda funny after it happened i made a mad dash to get my firehawk to borrow it cable slide...duh it has CCS...............:o

droppixel
06-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Saunders ... first thing that I changed when I got the Bengal, put on on my Cheetah last year and was very pleased with it.

deerchser
07-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I too am looking to change the one on my FC out soon. No, I dont have any issue with the one thats on there now, just what to try a smoother one.

A few years ago at hunting camp my son stepped on his bow and jacked the string out the the guide. He didnt say anything until the cable was almost torn in 2. I had to wrap it in serving for the rest of the hunt. He only shot it once after that and he made it count on his first deer. That alone was way more than enough to get me to check my bow before and after everytime I take it out of the case and in between shot groups.

Tosi
07-02-2012, 08:17 AM
SK, sorry to here... Get that crap off your bow and get a Saunders Hyperslide, you wont be sorry...

dugout
07-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Now as you know i like my Martin bows,with such a great piece of equipment why the heck do they use those cheap cable slides!!!!!!!!!!!
Im out shootin this evening and nailin the x like a pro then i look to admire my bow and what do i see,my string has strands tore up,brand new hammer heads too. I look closer and see it's the cable slide,never thought about it being a problem.Do a little search and see im not alone.Well anyway i had a hoyt slide it has rounded edges so its very smooth,just hope it;s not to late on the string.Ok im done...........:mad:Which slide are you talking about? The gray one or the white one?

Speedykills
07-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Which slide are you talking about? The gray one or the white one?

The little dark grey one,feels like plastic..........If i had white one i wouldnt be venting.........:D

dugout
07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
The little dark grey one,feels like plastic..........If i had white one i wouldnt be venting.........:D
I lost a set of strings to the gray teflon one on the Bengal, too, but I thought it was the better of the two slides and an upgrade from the white one?

Speedykills
07-02-2012, 02:22 PM
I lost a set of strings to the gray teflon one on the Bengal, too, but I thought it was the better of the two slides and an upgrade from the white one?

Only bad thing about all this is i called dicks and they dont change strings,safety issue they say and i dont have any dealers close to me.The one i got my firehawk from dropped martin also.
Dicks said send the bow back and they will send me a new one but im not going to do that.Im satisfied with the bow just need a string and teflon cable guide.
Martin said i need to send parts in first then they will send new string back :(,so i guess ill be shootin firehawk for awhile.........

droppixel
07-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Only bad thing about all this is i called dicks and they dont change strings,safety issue they say and i dont have any dealers close to me.The one i got my firehawk from dropped martin also.
Dicks said send it back and they will send me a new one but im not going to do that.Im satisfied with the bow just need a string and teflon cable guide.
Martin said i need to send parts in first then they will send new string back :(,so i guess ill be shootin firehawk for awhile.........

Gotta look on the bright side of things in that they are going to send you the string and slide. Sucks for sure, but at least we get that.

Durandal
07-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Weird, I've been using my Scepter V with the original gray slide for months now and no wear and tear. Could there be some defects in some of them causing this?:confused:

Spiker
07-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I've never had a problem with any of Martins slides - black, white or grey.
Actually a few months ago I ordered 4 of the new grey ones from Martin and put them on my other bows.

Speedykills
07-04-2012, 11:09 PM
I got one off AT will see how it works out.

Speedykills
07-14-2012, 03:50 PM
I got one off AT will see how it works out.

Ok So far im a likin this saunders slide,went out to dial my bow in and a swear i picked up speed.I also installed new QAD rest and i was hitting high:confused: rest was maybe a hair off were old one was.HAd to put new sight tape on and remark,so shes all dialed in,need to paper tune to get it perfect but all in all so far i would highly reccomend this cable slide...........Oh and its very quiet too.

Ehunter
07-14-2012, 07:59 PM
I had one of the newer grey slides start roughing up a string as well, so I replaced all my slides with the old white teflon slides. 3 other bows had the grey/black slides, and no sign of string damage, but I figured better safe than sorry.