PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when it's time?

droppixel
06-30-2012, 04:36 PM
...How do you know when it's time to part ways with on of your buddies (bows)?? I'm at a point where I feel like I need to trim it down a little due to not shooting all 3 of them regularly. My Brother has shown interest in shooting my Cheetah on loan for the season so he can get a feel for shooting/hunting before he fully commits to buying a bow and right now I shoot the Bengal a heck of a lot more and better than I have ever shot the Alien.

The Alien is who I am considering moving on to a new home, love the bow and it has been a treat to own - but when this Bengal arrived ... it was like heaven on earth ... sorry for the ubercheese, but this bow is just that good in my opinion.

TEN RING
06-30-2012, 04:43 PM
for me i'm a one bow guy I tryed haveing more than one and it ends up only shooting the one, I shoot 3d, hunt and 600 rounds with the same bow, it's more a personally thing if you fill your ok with down sizing

bfisher
06-30-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm a lot like that. I get a new bow, usually a different model and the old ones rarely get shot again. I've trimmed my stable down to three. I just got my red Nemisis and this will be my primary bow. Then there's last year's Black Nemisis which I'll keep for back up and just plain tinkering with. The 2010 Alien Z I have to keep just to shoot once in a while to remind me that the longer a2a bows really are a more stable shooting machine.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Been a one bow guy since I started archery. The only reason I would own another is to have a back up bow. Unless I started shooting target, but that is a different story.

Hutch:cool:

Spiker
06-30-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm on the other end of the arrow.
I have 9 bows, my wife has 4 and my son has 1.
I shoot 5 of mine almost everyday. A different one each day and sometimes one in the
morning then a different one in the evening.

droppixel
06-30-2012, 09:10 PM
It's rough, I bought the Alien literally the week of or before they announced the Bengal contest ... I almost bought a Bengal flat out instead of the Alien in addition to a few others, but felt like I got a really good deal with the Alien, so I went after it. Hind-sight always being 20/20 - I probably could and should have held off on buying another bow since there wasn't really anything wrong with my Cheetah, I just had that itch for something newer.

Fast forward to the video contest - I was dead set on winning that thing because I loved the Bengal from the get go and sure enough I did ... and then I was like "ok, now what?? I got 3 bows ..." Once the Bengal arrived and I got it all set up and started shooting, I knew right away that was the bow I was going to be taking with me this fall. I still get out and shoot the Alien a little here and there, but a majority of my time has been with the Bengal since I want to have everything perfect and know it like the back of my hand so when the time comes to make a shot, it's second nature and the comfort level is there. Can I go back and forth btw the 2 - yeah probably, but when I have one that I like so much - it's hard to put it down for the other lol ....

SO long story short, might have my Alien up for sale if anyone is interested.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-30-2012, 09:21 PM
SO long story short, might have my Alien up for sale if anyone is interested.I would think about it but problem is you shoot from the wrong side of the bow.

droppixel
06-30-2012, 09:32 PM
I shoot from the wrong side?? That's unpossible when I'm correct (right) handed!!

Arrow Splitter
06-30-2012, 09:35 PM
I shoot from the wrong side?? That's unpossible when I'm correct (right) handed!!I shoot from the right side like you, but DP, what is "unpossible"? LOL

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Well one advantage is if I am shooting the wrong hand at least I am in my right mind!!

droppixel
06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/374041_10100141821031622_1089407298_n.jpg

I'm a right brainer ....

"Unpossible"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iSD9lPVY6Q

NuttyNative
07-01-2012, 12:39 AM
I can agree with all the comments on this from both sides. I still have my Guardian and loved that bow's characteristics and fit. I've shot it 6 times since I bought my Firecat 360. One day I want to sell it, the next I don't. It fits my hand so nice compared to the 360's narrow grip but the draw that use to be so smooth is shattered by the 360. Then theres my obsession with the Oneida Black Eagle's. I love them because they are so different, the smoothest drawing bow BAR NONE, and easy to hold, very accurate, but they are a little loud on the shot. I buy one, put alot into it trying to get it as quiet as possible, get mad and sell it & instantly regret it (done it 4 times).
At this time I am looking at getting a new, 2011 Ridge Hunter. Almost identical to my 360 and I ask myself why? With all my ramblin, I'm going to say whatever you feel comfortable with for a limit. For me, I think the lucky number will be two, just don't know what number two will be. My Firecat will be #1 for a long time to come.

WildWilt15
07-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Ever since i got my onza the cheetah is old news lol. in my opinion the keys to becoming as good as a shot as you can be is getting to know your equipment. its easier to get to know one bow then two, three, four etc. but thats my opinion so only you know when its time to part ways with one of your bows not me lol.

Simple Life
07-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Couple years ago I had one bow,month before season opener and the limb cracked,so I scrambled to get a new bow,get it set up and get the feeling for it.So now I have my main hunting bow,and back-up.This past week picked up another bow which will mainly for shooting in the yard.I will never be a one bow guy ;)

mdodraw29
07-01-2012, 07:58 AM
I like to have a plan B, if I have any unforeseen issues arise I can always go to my trusty backup. I only keep 1 backup bow and it is ready to go at a moments notice. If your happy with your bengal and like your cheetah as your backup then it may be time to send the rytera to a new home. Just my opinion. Good luck with a hard decision.

NuttyNative
07-02-2012, 10:22 PM
The time for me was 8:05 tonight. I was shooting the 360 & destroying apricots at 20 & 30 yards getting ready for deer season. I went in and got the Guardian, shot it once and didn't like anything about it. So, it's gonna find a new home & I'll replace it with another Martin of some kind.

Tosi
07-03-2012, 10:39 AM
All good points! I'm the proud owner of (3) Martin bow that I call my girls. My daughter's really laugh at that, and really believes that I had the name of Pantera put on the saddle back grip. All three bows are a little different and I truly believe that it's really due to ATA. Fire Cat is fast, Onza is forgiving and the 2112 Pantera is dead nuts on. I will hunt deer with my Panters this year as most of the hunting will be spot and stock, Fire Cat 400 for Elk , tree stand and or blind. One of the Archery shops here in Flagstaff has a 2011 Fire cat 360 on sale for $399. I may be a four bow home.. When my wife looks at me and say's "really another one"... I stop and look at her shoes with the reply "only 12 months in and year", and shake my head....?????....:p

droppixel
07-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Posted the X in the classifieds if anyone or anyone you know might be looking. Willing to wiggle more for Martin guys than over on AT ...

Simple Life
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Posted the X in the classifieds if anyone or anyone you know might be looking. Willing to wiggle more for Martin guys than over on AT ...

Guess it is time hey DP:D

droppixel
07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Guess it is time hey DP:D

Yeah, pretty much weighed the options. It's time, with as much as I shoot the Bengal - I'm not gonna have time to shoot the Alien as much, so time to let it go :(

I'll have another Rytera in the future I'm sure

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-03-2012, 08:28 PM
So dp, when are you going to ship it to me?

:p

droppixel
07-03-2012, 08:38 PM
So dp, when are you going to ship it to me?

:p

When you send me some Benjamin Franklins ;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-04-2012, 03:59 AM
When you send me some Benjamin Franklins ;)
Awwww!!! and I though you were going to send it to me for a birthday gift!!!

droppixel
07-04-2012, 09:17 AM
But it is a correct handed bow :p

Arrow Splitter
07-04-2012, 10:09 AM
But it is a correct handed bow :p
That's fine, I'll take it off your hands. LOL:D

droppixel
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
That's fine, I'll take it off your hands. LOL:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBfLCHPwhT4

;)

NuttyNative
07-29-2012, 10:16 PM
The Guardian has a new home. Everyone say's it was Bowtech's smoothest and quietest bow ever made, even today. I agree, but it just wasn't fun pulling it back all day anymore. It will now reside in Hawaii, think she's goin hog hunting. That will make her happy. Genny's Diamond also has a new owner in Ohio, both shipping out in the morning.