PDA

View Full Version : Limb Issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speedykills
07-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Would be intresting to know how some of these limb problems come about.I know martin sells alot of bows to new archers,maybe dry fires are more prevelant than thought.
But know one will ever know just food for thought......Ya im bored..............:p

Ehunter
07-14-2012, 07:32 PM
I know one of mine was due to operator error/setup, and freely admit that one. The other couple I've had, I have no idea why it happened. They cracked on the draw about mid draw. All I can say is, Martin has always taken care of me in a timely manner, and that's why I stick with them.

Arrow Splitter
07-14-2012, 09:38 PM
..Ya im bored..............:pI couldn't tell.......LOL;):D

Chip
07-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Maybe some could be caused by wrong arrow weight? Don't know just saying.

Ehunter
07-18-2012, 04:38 AM
This post really got me to wondering. I looked at all my bows. Not sure if this could have anything to do with it, but it seems like a possibility. The bows I have with Barnsdale limbs all have a VERY smooth rounded and chamfered bottom to the forks in the limbs. Making it more of a "U" shape. None of them have had any limb issues.The Martins seem to come to more of an angled "point" in the bottom of the fork. The edges aren't as chamfered either. The limbs that I have had fail have all failed right at the bottom, or at one of the angles. Might not be anything, but kinda had me thinking.