PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my new Martin Pantera Magnum

brudawg
07-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Well Thursday I placed an order for a Pantera Mag. I was torn on what color to get. I wanted the red but my #1 son says get camo. So Bill gets on the phone to order a camo riser black carbon limbs combo (I just like that combo a lot), and come to find out , Martin doesn't "mix and match" anymore. He begged and told her he used to do that all the time, and she said all camo only, so I got the Crimson Red. I think it will be sharp.
On a side note, do you think 4 sons can keep a "secret"? Friday night while out for dinner, my wifes asks what happenend yesterday that the kids won't tell me? I told Landon go ahead and tell her, so he does.
Wife: Oh, ok.
Me: Yeah, I've been saving my money blah blah blah....
Her: Cool! blah blah....
Me: (Testing the waters) Yeah, just need to save for a sight now, didn't have enough $ for that.....
Her: How much is that?
Me: Oh , about $200 (Axel Armortech baby, go big or go home right?)
Her: Well, get one then.
Me: Huh? wow. Cool. (silently in my head of course)
I think an Axcel Armortech 5 pin .019 Pro HD, or no HD, Vision may be in my future also. It was a good Fri the 13th.

Kurt

Thermodude
07-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Congrats man, my 3D rig is a 2012 Pantera in carbon black. Its one of the most accurate bows Ive shot you will love it.

Speedykills
07-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Congrats,will be a nice setup.................:cool:

bfisher
07-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Check out the pics of my Red Nemisis in the Rytera forum. This will show you the true color of that Crimson Red. It is a sharp color. Of course the FLGreen/black strings leave a bit to be desired so custom colors wl be the next big thing. See Hutch about this. I just put mine on two days ago and fo quality I would put them up there with the best string makers in the business.

Hope you enjoy that Pantera.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Congrats on the bow!!! it will be a great shooter.
@ Barry thanks for the vote of confidence.

Hutch:cool:

Tosi
07-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Good Job! My Pantera is dead on. Good luck with it...

bfisher
07-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Congrats on the bow!!! it will be a great shooter.
@ Barry thanks for the vote of confidence.

Hutch:cool:

Just a little hijack here, but Hutch, I think the serving diameter is going to work out OK. Nocks are a little tight, but with wear they should come in right nice and give me the fit I like. Overall, a very nice job of string making. Actually a nicer job with the servings than I've had with Winner's Choice.

brudawg
07-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Axcel Armortech Vision Pro HD 5 pin .019 ordered yesterday. This is gonna be good. We'll se how long it takes Martin to build the bow and Axcel to build sight. Time to wait patiently. Already had a Trophy ridge dropaway rest and part of my stabilizer (Stokerized extension) ratholed away.

Kurt

brudawg
08-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Still waiting. Sight will be here on the 7th. Dealer called Martin. The lady Bill spoke to didn't know anything and had to check on it. Don't know if she called back yet. It was ordered three weeks ago yesterday. Oh well.

Kurt

bfisher
08-04-2012, 10:07 AM
I wonder when they stopped with the mix&match option. If you look at the ad I have in the classifieds I have a new Pantera with Skulz camo and carbon limbs.

archerx7
08-04-2012, 11:25 AM
I wonder when they stopped with the mix&match option. If you look at the ad I have in the classifieds I have a new Pantera with Skulz camo and carbon limbs.

Skulz riser/carbon limbs is a standard mix. The carbon finish limbs are only available with skulz, red, or carbon risers. Just one of the changes they put in place this year to minimize backorders/shipping times and I suppose a bit of confusion in the assembly dept.

brudawg
08-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Lot of good it did for me for shipping times/backorders. I saw a picture on facebook from Martin just a short time ago of what seemed like hundreds of bows in boxes ready to ship to minimize wait times. Guess mine wasn't one of them.

brudawg
08-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Well, picked up the goods yesterday. The positives: Black and gray strings, white logos on limbs, only one or two minor flaws in paint. The bad: Tight fit for my Trophy Ridge drop slide rest. Only elevates to lower half of berger holes. Do you think it will tune. May sell and get another rest that has plenty of clearance.

brudawg
08-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Geeze, they were right side up in my pictures:rolleyes:

bfisher
08-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Geeze, they were right side up in my pictures:rolleyes:

That's OK for us guys with laptops or smart phones. Good looking bow.