PDA

View Full Version : Green Label box

NuttyNative
07-18-2012, 12:46 AM
I've got a box coming with a big green label on it. Fedex say's thursday delivery.
Any guess on what's inside?

typically8
07-18-2012, 01:44 AM
OnzaIII?

Speedykills
07-18-2012, 07:02 AM
shadowcat!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Pantera????

Hutch:cool:

Arrow Splitter
07-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Firecat 400.:cool:

Double S
07-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Red Ryder BB gun? :p

NuttyNative
07-18-2012, 09:31 AM
OnzaIII?
I think they are heavy but haven't found a lefty to try out.

shadowcat!
Would love to try one but a bit too long for my taste.

Pantera????

Didn't like the draw cycle on it.

Firecat 400.:cool:

Maybe down the road, I do like it.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-18-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/images/smilies/noidea.gif

Come on come on anti up tell us NN!!!

elkslayer4x5
07-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Alien X, Z, or Nemesis? Bengal?

NuttyNative
07-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Alien X, Z, or Nemesis? Bengal?

no, no, no, and mmm nope.

Speedykills
07-18-2012, 12:20 PM
silencer,excile,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

gravedigger
07-18-2012, 12:57 PM
exile or a recurve

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-18-2012, 01:00 PM
I know I know its my new Bengal!!!!

NuttyNative
07-18-2012, 02:32 PM
FedEx came early & I gotta say you guy's suck at the guessing game. I have mentioned this bow alot and was my first choice till I got a smokin deal on the 360. Got a killer buy on this too.

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU.......................

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/RidgeHunter001.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/RidgeHunter003.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/RidgeHunter002.jpg

2011 Ridge Hunter 55-70lb

gravedigger
07-18-2012, 04:15 PM
very nice.i forgot all about the ridge hunter

Tosi
07-18-2012, 04:29 PM
So it's really not Lassie,,, were Lassie..... Nice bow:cool:

NuttyNative
07-18-2012, 04:30 PM
It coulda been a Jonh Deere :cool:

Tosi
07-18-2012, 04:34 PM
YEP! got me good on that one. Next time will ask how big is the Big Green Box.. Happy shooting...

PS: Let us now what set up you go with.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-18-2012, 04:39 PM
So its an imitation Bengal!! jk nice one you got us all. You will like that bow.

NuttyNative
07-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Setup is as follows:
The tag says 72.2lbs, we'll see where it is after checking all the specs.
30" draw, 75-80% lo, will see tomorrow.
Tru Glo micro brite 5 graduated pins
RipCord
Fuse 6" Axium stabilizer
Saunders Hyper Glyde
Specialty Archery Super Ball peep, interchangable inserts
and good ole' cat whiskers
May put limbsavers or Bowjax on the limbs? Don't know yet.

Going in to Reno tomorrow to swap out the TRG, will see if I can pick up one of the carbon string stops too. I may get another HHA5510 later but hoping to use this on my deer in August so going with pins for now because it's what I got. If you've never tried the Specialty Archery Super Ball peep your missing out. If you do a little or alot of trying different sights you'll understand. The quick change inserts are the bomb. When I put the 4" extension on the HHA a simple swap did the trick. Going from 1 5/8" to 2" to 3" sight ring, a simple swap :cool: way cool.
I've also limited myself to only shoot the Easton Axis in this for a while. Been getting mixed results with the 360 shooting 5 different kinds of arrows.
Side note: This bow feels lighter than the 360 even outfitted? Don't make sense.

Arrow Splitter
07-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Bengal?We have a winner.:cool:

FedEx came early & I gotta say you guy's suck at the guessing game. I have mentioned this bow alot and was my first choice till I got a smokin deal on the 360. Got a killer buy on this too.

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU.......................

2011 Ridge Hunter 55-70lbNN, Ridge Hunter=Bengal. :D

A.S

NuttyNative
07-18-2012, 06:28 PM
We have a winner.:cool:

NN, Ridge Hunter=Bengal. :D

A.S

I musta missed something. Just went through the 08-12 catalogs and the Bengal looks nothing like this?? The Silencer is the dual cam version. Enlighten me :confused:

Arrow Splitter
07-18-2012, 07:05 PM
I musta missed something. Just went through the 08-12 catalogs and the Bengal looks nothing like this?? The Silencer is the dual cam version. Enlighten me :confused:
No, I missed it. I never noticed that the riser was the same as the Silencer. So the Firecat 360 and 400 are also the Silencer and Ridge Hunter, just with riser changes.

A.S

NuttyNative
07-18-2012, 07:36 PM
No, I missed it. I never noticed that the riser was the same as the Silencer. So the Firecat 360 and 400 are also the Silencer and Ridge Hunter, just with riser changes.

A.S
You got it. The Firecats have the claws or fangs, only difference.

Arrow Splitter
07-18-2012, 08:11 PM
You got it. The Firecats have the claws or fangs, only difference.I knew the Firecat and Silencer were the same, but I didn't compare the others as well until now.

You got a nice bow, I've shot one before. Of course, we'll have to see some arrows in the target.:cool:

A.S

Tosi
07-19-2012, 11:37 PM
nice!! Like the truglo. Look up the peep and just Don't get it. what's the advantage.

daiwateampenn
07-19-2012, 11:59 PM
i was reading down the post from the first page, i was thinking of Silencer.
but RIdge Hunter is the answer. Seem everyone miss out the Ridge Hunter.

DO share some pic and update of the bow and review on it once it setup and shot.

Happy shooting.

elkslayer4x5
07-20-2012, 09:10 AM
nice!! Like the truglo. Look up the peep and just Don't get it. what's the advantage.

Adapetability, with a Super ball peep, you can change the inserts, add verifires, clairifiers, apetures, because they all screw into the peep, which, of course, stays in the same place on your string. Gives you vastly different views thru the same peep. And all you need to do is remove current insert and screw in a differnt one. When your vision begins to go south on you ( called macular degeneration, loosing the ability to focus ) the various options of the Super Ball peep really improve your vision of your sight and target.

bfisher
07-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Adapetability, with a Super ball peep, you can change the inserts, add verifires, clairifiers, apetures, because they all screw into the peep, which, of course, stays in the same place on your string. Gives you vastly different views thru the same peep. And all you need to do is remove current insert and screw in a differnt one. When your vision begins to go south on you ( called macular degeneration, loosing the ability to focus ) the various options of the Super Ball peep really improve your vision of your sight and target.

ES, well said. I've used Specialty peeps for as long as I can remember. I have a slew of Fletchers and a G5, but as my eyes get older I like being able to change insert size and in some cases add a Verifier. I hate the term Macular Degeneration----sounds OLD.

NuttyNative
07-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Adaptability, with a Super ball peep, you can change the inserts, add verifires, clairifiers, apetures, because they all screw into the peep, which, of course, stays in the same place on your string. Gives you vastly different views thru the same peep. And all you need to do is remove current insert and screw in a differnt one. When your vision begins to go south on you ( called macular degeneration, loosing the ability to focus ) the various options of the Super Ball peep really improve your vision of your sight and target.

X2, awesome explination 4x5, this peep is so versatile. The clarifiers and verifiers have lenses in them that you can get at different strengths as your eyes go south. Puts the lense right in front of you rather than having one on your sight 30" away.

NuttyNative
07-20-2012, 11:48 AM
i was reading down the post from the first page, i was thinking of Silencer.
but RIdge Hunter is the answer. Seem everyone miss out the Ridge Hunter.

DO share some pic and update of the bow and review on it once it setup and shot.

Happy shooting.

Will do, my guy was out yesterday so I'm offf to Reno in a bit. Can't hardly wait to pull it back, I have liked this model since I first seen it!!

NuttyNative
07-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Took the bow in to set it up today and it was a little on the strong side. Tipped the scales at 76 pound draw and ATA & brace were way off. After a lot of untwisting we managed to get it to 72 pounds, 7.2 brace, and 32 5/16 ATA. I have to say I wished I would have discovered single cams a few years ago. I love the Acu Trak cam, the draw is as smooth as my 360 at 66lbs. The Ridge Hunter is a dream to shoot, it is lighter than the 360 by almost a full pound. Not as quiet as I'd like but it will get there. Going to sight the rest of my pins in tomorrow, should be able to see if it's as fast as I hope it will be.

Got home late so didn't get pics of the setup but here are the results.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/20120720_174724.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/20120720_174713.jpg

Arrow Splitter
07-21-2012, 08:04 AM
NICE.:cool::cool:

A.S

Simple Life
07-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Congrats on the new bow NN.

NuttyNative
07-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Did some comparison shooting today between the 360 & Ridge Hunter, so far the 360 is ahead. I put limbsavers right below the split on the inside of the limbs, put the TRG in it's propper place & put a slide and Saunders on it, replaced the string stop bumper with a McDaddy. It is still loud. I have rechecked everything, ATA, brace, no cam or idler lean, no cracks, nothing loose. I backed off the limb bolts one turn at a time and shot it each time till it was three full turns out and it didn't change much. Moved the string stop against the string, slightly back so a piece of paper slides under it, and 1/8" away from the string. Still too loud for my liking. Hate to say it but if I can't get a grip on it, it will find a new home.
Where do I go from here?

Arrow Splitter
07-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Did some comparison shooting today between the 360 & Ridge Hunter, so far the 360 is ahead. I put limbsavers right below the split on the inside of the limbs, put the TRG in it's propper place & put a slide and Saunders on it, replaced the string stop bumper with a McDaddy. It is still loud. I have rechecked everything, ATA, brace, no cam or idler lean, no cracks, nothing loose. I backed off the limb bolts one turn at a time and shot it each time till it was three full turns out and it didn't change much. Moved the string stop against the string, slightly back so a piece of paper slides under it, and 1/8" away from the string. Still too loud for my liking. Hate to say it but if I can't get a grip on it, it will find a new home.
Where do I go from here?
Try putting whiskers on the string.

A.S

NuttyNative
07-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Try putting whiskers on the string.

A.S

I forgot to list that, they're on. It's kinda like a "whack".

bfisher
07-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Add about ten twists to the string and remove five from the cable to advance the cam. See if this helps.

NuttyNative
07-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Add about ten twists to the string and remove five from the cable to advance the cam. See if this helps.

Will try it out Sunday. We had to take alot out of the string to get it in spec, ata was out 1/2" and draw weight was 76 pounds.

I don't understand what advancing the cam will do to help quiet it, please explain.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Will try it out Sunday. We had to take alot out of the string to get it in spec, ata was out 1/2" and draw weight was 76 pounds.
Ouch! 1/2" out and 76 pounds gotta love it. Well NN good things take time. When I got my Bengal it took time to quiet it down. Now I know the ins and outs of the bow its seems so simple.

NuttyNative
07-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Well, took the bow in today and have some baffling info to pass along. Put it in the press and took off the string, looked everything over and put it back on in the same comfiguration (so he could check something before we did the untwisting/twisting thing) and changed the cat whiskers. Apparently there are several thickness' available. We put medium on it when we set it up, changed them to thick and SHAZAM... all better. Don't quite understand it but not going to question it either. I also put a Slim Jax cable guard dampener on the string stop & cable slide. I'm all happy and going to order a 5519 in the morning. Having a tough time trying to readjust back to pins. Season opens August 10th & it will be ready.

Arrow Splitter
07-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Well, took the bow in today and have some baffling info to pass along. Put it in the press and took off the string, looked everything over and put it back on in the same comfiguration (so he could check something before we did the untwisting/twisting thing) and changed the cat whiskers. Apparently there are several thickness' available. We put medium on it when we set it up, changed them to thick and SHAZAM... all better. Don't quite understand it but not going to question it either. I also put a Slim Jax cable guard dampener on the string stop & cable slide. I'm all happy and going to order a 5519 in the morning. Having a tough time trying to readjust back to pins. Season opens August 10th & it will be ready.
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

A.S

elkslayer4x5
07-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Real touigh going back to all that pin clutter after shooting a single pin slider. Love those HHA 5519's. :)