PDA

View Full Version : Arrows

Chip
08-06-2012, 12:00 PM
A question for you fine bow shooters. I have used a couple of the Walmart Carbon Exacta arrows for groundhogs with my Threshold. I shoot a 29 inch arrow and the exactas are rated for 45 to 70 Lbs. I have killed two groundhogs with them from my Threshold with no problems. My question is can they be used with my new Nemesis? Both the Threshold and Nemesis are set at 60 Lbs. The arrows don't have any markings other then 29 inches and 45 to 70 Lbs. Thanks for any help on my issue.

Speedykills
08-06-2012, 01:34 PM
If there rated 45-70#why would you think they wouldnt work! i say your fine.....

gravedigger
08-06-2012, 03:29 PM
no doubt.shoot em up you will be fine

Tosi
08-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Their most likely a brand name made for Wal-Mart. Maybe not top of line, but they will shoot. I'v shot a few and they were tough coming out of 3D targets.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-06-2012, 05:30 PM
A question for you fine bow shooters. I have used a couple of the Walmart Carbon Exacta arrows for groundhogs with my Threshold. I shoot a 29 inch arrow and the exactas are rated for 45 to 70 Lbs. I have killed two groundhogs with them from my Threshold with no problems. My question is can they be used with my new Nemesis? Both the Threshold and Nemesis are set at 60 Lbs. The arrows don't have any markings other then 29 inches and 45 to 70 Lbs. Thanks for any help on my issue.
The Carbon Exacta arrows are made by Allen. They are a very heavy arrow but work well. No reason you can't use them for your Nemesis.

Hutch

Chip
08-06-2012, 11:11 PM
thanks guys, I was just Leary not knowing the grain weight of them. They do make great groundhog arrows as your not out much if they get drug down the hole.

bfisher
08-07-2012, 06:05 AM
thanks guys, I was just Leary not knowing the grain weight of them. They do make great groundhog arrows as your not out much if they get drug down the hole.

I've had that happen more than once. Nothing like watching a $14 ACC get ruined. Be sure and use broadheads, even old ones. Them thar hogs are tough.

Chip
08-07-2012, 11:35 AM
You bet bfisher, I had one drap a carbon exacta down the hole a few days ago. For a cheap arrow they do ok, not real wild about the veins but for 3 bucks what can you say.

Arrow Splitter
08-09-2012, 09:29 AM
For a cheap arrow they do ok, not real wild about the veins but for 3 bucks what can you say.Mine are going hunting for a second season.:cool: