PDA

View Full Version : Weekend 3-D shoot

Don B
08-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Sue and I went to a 2 day 3-D shoot this weekend, it was the largest turnout ever for this shoot, it was awsome.
We shot 40 targets on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. It was 1 arrow unmarked yardage ranging between 5 and 70 yards.
I had forgot that I had dropped the poundage down on my bow a few days before the shoot so my buddy could shoot it and was shooting everything real low on Sat. 7 targets from the end I figured out why I was dropping low and cranked the bow up 4 full turns and started pegging the spots. Sunday I tore em up but due to my low first day score I ended up finishing in 3rd with a 388 total, oh well 1st the last 2 years in a row is ok, but watch out next year...;)
Sue stepped in a hole and went down scrapping up her leg and knocking her sights and rest out. She finished in 17th...:-(
Don.

gravedigger
08-06-2012, 03:36 PM
WOW thats alot of archers in one area.3rd is not bad.

Don B
08-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I forgot to mention there were 30 non-sight finger shooters, thats more than I have ever seen in one place other than this year at Vegas.
Don.

bfisher
08-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Loks like fun. I'd like to see turnouts like that around these parts. I don't know that I could shoot one like that. 70 yards is quite a ways out there to be judging.

elkslayer4x5
08-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Loks like fun. I'd like to see turnouts like that around these parts. I don't know that I could shoot one like that. 70 yards is quite a ways out there to be judging.

Has it been a while since you've shot a field round, Barry? Started shooting field rounds back in the mid 60's, ( Yeah, I'm that old! ) and still shoot at least one round a month. Nowhere near as good as I once was ( *&^#% eyesight! ) but still love watching that 'mystical flight of the arrow'.

bfisher
08-07-2012, 12:17 PM
OK, so it's a field round. I was thinking 3D and 70 yards in 3D is over the top for me. I shot field back in the mid to late 70's. We shot out to 80 yards. That's why I got the two venues mixed up. IMO opinion more fun than 3D. More consistency and brain power involved. Form is verything in field shooting. In 3D you can misguess the yardage and slop one in once in a while. Besides that, depending on how good your eyes are, you can't really define a true bullseye to aim at so there's some guess work involved there, too.

Don B
08-07-2012, 01:29 PM
OK, so it's a field round. I was thinking 3D and 70 yards in 3D is over the top for me.

This was an unmarked yardage 3-D shoot. We shoot out to 80 yards at alot of the shoots. There isn't any rules for yardage like in the ASA or IBO. If you shoot a compound, male and female you shoot from the same stakes, sometimes the trad and recurve guys have to shoot the same stakes too.
Don.