PDA

View Full Version : module for '05 Shadow Cat available?

Unregistered
01-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Hello,

I am looking at buying an '05 Shadow Cat. The draw length module is 26"-28.5". If needed, can I get a replacement module for a longer draw length? If so, where?

This could be my first Martin and I am excited about it.

Thanks in advance!
Aaron

bfisher
01-03-2008, 07:57 AM
It depends on what cams and modules are on the bow presently? If it's Nitrous cams ans standard modules you'd most likely have to change the cams.

The Nitrous comes in 3 base cams sizes, lettered A, B, and C. Modules for them are marked HL, 65%, and a smaller version called "mini".

But first you have to tell us which limbs are on the bow or what the Axle to Axle length is. The ShadowCat comes in 32 1/2" version with Dynacam or TruArc cams, 35 1/2" with Nitrous cam and magnum limbs (14") and 40 1/4" with Nitrous cams and Elite (17" recurve) limbs.

Which do you have or are interested in? Also see if you can find out what size cam is on it if they are Nitrous?

archer_34
01-03-2008, 03:36 PM
It depends on what cams and modules are on the bow presently? If it's Nitrous cams ans standard modules you'd most likely have to change the cams.

The Nitrous comes in 3 base cams sizes, lettered A, B, and C. Modules for them are marked HL, 65%, and a smaller version called "mini".

The cams on the bow are Nitrous A with the 26"-28.5" module.

But first you have to tell us which limbs are on the bow or what the Axle to Axle length is. The ShadowCat comes in 32 1/2" version with Dynacam or TruArc cams, 35 1/2" with Nitrous cam and magnum limbs (14") and 40 1/4" with Nitrous cams and Elite (17" recurve) limbs.

Which do you have or are interested in? Also see if you can find out what size cam is on it if they are Nitrous?

It has the Nitrous A cams with the Elite limbs.

So, is this something I can get another module for or do I have to get new cams. If I can get another module, how do I go about it?

Thanks again!

bfisher
01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
OK, you can check the specs on the Bow cams charts here on this site. The ShadowCat is M67. The B base cams should take you up to 30". Actually they cover 28-30".

Martin quit offering the Nitrous cams this year. You can contact them and see if they have any. You'll need a new string and cable, too. If they don't have any then you might be able to find some in the classifieds on www.archerytalk.com. You might also place a free ad in the WTB classifieds there. Contact LeEarl on that site. He does a lot of playing with Martins and he may have some. He'd make the strings for you too.

Worse comes to worse you can talk to Jake or Joel at Martin and see if they can hook you up with Furious cams. It depends on how much money you want to push out of the wallet.