PDA

View Full Version : BowMaster adapters

droppixel
08-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Been planning on getting a BowMaster for quite a while now, just never pulled the trigger on it. I put together a DIY type with a turnbuckle and cables. Anyway, just checking that these adapters (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BowMaster-Bow-Press-Split-Limb-New-L-Brackets-3-4-Standard-/290744426924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b1b7e1ac#ht_500wt_1335) would be the right ones for my needs should I get the press finally.

bfisher
08-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes, they should work fairly well until you get a bow with past-parallel limbs. I have a set of these that are older and the tips that hook over the limbs are hook shaped. I've been thinking of straightening them out to look just like the ones here in the pic. Frankly I don't use them on solid limb bows (Martin).

droppixel
08-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Just picked these up with a Bowmaster ... finally. Going to come in so handy when I'm doing my little tinkering/tuning. Love the convenience of the limb bolt turn out to get slack on the string ... but that takes some time. Feel like it was a pretty good deal to pick this up through Bowhuntersuperstore on fleabay ... last one they had. Estimated delivery by Friday this week ... impressive.

droppixel
08-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Received the brackets yesterday and should be receiving the press today. Pretty excited about having this in my toolbox now going forward. Last thing to get done is the drawboard.

bfisher
08-31-2012, 10:57 AM
To be honest, the Bowmaster is fairly slow, but the upside is that it is portable and costs a few dollars less than those $500+ presses. For difference in price I can put up with a little inconvenience in time.

droppixel
08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
To be honest, the Bowmaster is fairly slow, but the upside is that it is portable and costs a few dollars more than those $500+ presses. For difference in price I can put up with a little inconvenience in time.

Right, slow will get the job done. I know you can use a ratchet and socket on it, so I'm hoping that will make it less slow and easier to turn. I'll post my opinions on it later. Thanks Barry.

droppixel
08-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Bowmaster came in today. Had to take a half twist out of the string, been having some peep twist - but that is from some other tuning I have done. Hooked up the Bowmaster with the adapters and got out my 5/8" socket - couple turns of the bolts out and then twists of the ratchet - loose string - twist - done.

Placed a rag in btw the press and the string/cable to keep it from rubbing. Overall really happy with having this in my box to do work as needed.

spanner
10-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Are the adaptors necessary I've got a bowmaster press when I've worked on the Bengal I didn't use adapter just used strong cable ties to keep press from sliding up onto the cam what do you think? Stressed about it whilst doing it,but all went well.

bfisher
10-05-2012, 06:10 AM
The Bowmaster can be hooked up sever always dpending on the bow. Here are a couple:

The first shows hooking up without the adaptors using the limb forks.

The second shows hooking the adaptors over the limb fork and outside the string. If you find this puts undo pressure on the string as you crank it down then try it like the last pic with the adaptors between the strin and cable. Using it this way you don't have to crank down so much and there is less pressure on the limbs and if working on the string it is more easily accessible.

spanner
10-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the pics,I've never owned a bow that is as parallel as the Bengal pro when press to the point where the string becomes loose the limbs are past parallel gets you thinking its going to move is it safer to use adapter on bows that parallel.

bfisher
10-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the pics,I've never owned a bow that is as parallel as the Bengal pro when press to the point where the string becomes loose the limbs are past parallel gets you thinking its going to move is it safer to use adapter on bows that parallel.

Really, on bows like the Bengal, Nemisis, and such that are just about parallel you're better off without the adapters and hooking up like in the first picture. The limbs aren't flexed as much at the limb fork and the Bowmaster is pulling it's ends pretty much perpendicular to the limbs. Believe me, once you have some tension on it th ends are not going to slip.

spanner
10-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Yer that's what I thought I just need others opinion thanks heaps bfisher I just put the cable ties on for piece of mind through the rizer then over press cable.

Rockyhud
11-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Right, slow will get the job done. I know you can use a ratchet and socket on it, so I'm hoping that will make it less slow and easier to turn. I'll post my opinions on it later. Thanks Barry.

I too have a BowMaster and wanted a faster, yet safe way to work it on my Firecat. I tried the ratchet method, which was better than the t-handle or a box-end wrench, then I got the idea of using my battery operated drill-driver with the proper socket and it works like a charm - nice and quick and very manageable so I know I'm safe. I also found a couple of leather strips that I use to guard the limb forks and another that guards my string suppressor rod, so it doesn't mar the finish or abrade the limb slots. One of the best things about this press is its portability and light weight, which makes it nice to take on hunting trips. I don't take it in my pack, choosing to leave it in my "tackle box" that is either in my truck or my camper so it's just a reasonably short distance from wherever I am if it's needed.

daiwateampenn
05-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Some info to update for the Bowmaster....

i had it for quite sometimes.

It works well on the solid limb for Martin and Rytera (without any adapter)

BUT for split limb, guess u need the latest "L" shape adapter. (I yet to order, to try on the SPLIT LIMB)

i had the "J" hooked like wat Barry have and showed on the first page of the thread. ---- IT does not work on the Martin SPLIT LIMB.

So other user, bare in mind. DO Not attempt using the "J" hook adapter for split LIMB.