PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Arrows

WildWilt15
08-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Well I think its time for some new arrows. I shoot Easton FatBoys now but wanna go back to aluminum, i was wondering if anybody still shoots metal instead of carbon and if anybody has an opinion on the easton x7 eclipse arrows?

elkslayer4x5
08-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Ai'nt nothin wrong with aluminum arrows. They're just heavy, but thats a good thing when they get to the quarry animal, will give you maximum penetration, Heck, for years we all shot aluminum out of recurves, thinking that they where the shizzel, and they where the best arrow avaible, back in the sixtys, when I started, Only problem they have is that they can be bent, also can be straightened, as long as the arrow has no kinks in it. Your arrow flight will be slower and you'll have more arch in your arrow path. Just wondering, do you suppose that is why its called archery? LOL :D

WildWilt15
08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Ai'nt nothin wrong with aluminum arrows. They're just heavy, but thats a good thing when they get to the quarry animal, will give you maximum penetration, Heck, for years we all shot aluminum out of recurves, thinking that they where the shizzel, and they where the best arrow avaible, back in the sixtys, when I started, Only problem they have is that they can be bent, also can be straightened, as long as the arrow has no kinks in it. Your arrow flight will be slower and you'll have more arch in your arrow path. Just wondering, do you suppose that is why its called archery? LOL :D

Ya I used aluminums for awhile and I had great flight and another bonus is you can buy 2 dozen aluminums for the price of one dozen carbon

Zforce
08-20-2012, 01:55 PM
WW, I've been using 2213 X7,s for years for 3d and for indoor shoots, and I love the way they group and the line cutting size. Ya you do bend some up but you can't put a price on fun! I hunt with carbon. Give em a try I think you will be satisfied.

bfisher
08-21-2012, 06:06 AM
Tell ya something to try, especially if you're a 3D shooter. Shoot one of your Fatboys into a McKenzie. Then shoot an Aluminum. See which one pulls the easiest.

WildWilt15
08-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Tell ya something to try, especially if you're a 3D shooter. Shoot one of your Fatboys into a McKenzie. Then shoot an Aluminum. See which one pulls the easiest.

That is another plus the aluminums are a lot easier to pull then any carbon arrows.

724wd
09-09-2012, 11:28 AM
been shooting 2215's for several years now. i love aluminum! i shoot them for hunting, 3d and indoor. low cost and great quality.

heath

724wd
09-09-2012, 11:40 AM
plus they make neat patterns when you group shoot!

WildWilt15
09-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Hahaha well the onza should be back home at the end of this week or early next week. All winter ill be giving it an accessory make over and i will be picking up some new sticks for next 3d season.

ElkSlayer
09-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Shoot both and have shot the same 2315's for many years now just love beating up on my uni bushings.. heck they even shoot with dents and creases.. so long as they are stright that is