PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else like the looks of the shadowcat riser better then new scepter 5

rdhj
08-20-2012, 02:06 PM
for some reason, the scepter 5 just looks too long and skinny....wish i needed another bow so i can get a shadowcat

elkslayer4x5
08-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Whats need got to do with it, it's a hobby is'nt it. :D

Durandal
08-21-2012, 11:35 AM
for some reason, the scepter 5 just looks too long and skinny....wish i needed another bow so i can get a shadowcat

I disagree, frankly I don't see much difference between the 2. And as far as looks go, who cares? The scepter shoots like a dream come true, that is all that matters in then end. Choose a bow by how it feels when you draw / release and it's accuracy.

rdhj
08-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I disagree, frankly I don't see much difference between the 2. And as far as looks go, who cares? The scepter shoots like a dream come true, that is all that matters in then end. Choose a bow by how it feels when you draw / release and it's accuracy.

I'm sure it does shoot really well...have you ever shot the shadowcat? If so, how does it compare to the scepter?

elkslayer4x5
08-22-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm sure it does shoot really well...have you ever shot the shadowcat? If so, how does it compare to the scepter?

Well, the Shadowcat was Martin's top of the line bow for several years, until the Scepter replaced it.

Arrow Splitter
08-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Well, the Shadowcat was Martin's top of the line bow for several years, until the Scepter replaced it.The Scepter was actually around even before the Shadowcat.

A.S

Durandal
08-22-2012, 10:20 AM

Never had the pleasure but I'm pretty sure that with identical cams and setting both bows would be pretty close to one another. As always the difference is the eye of the beholder IMO. Either were a good choice for me, being a finger shooter I look for longer ATA bows but out of all the bows I shot, the scepter stood out. Given my recent performances with it, I made a good choice. :D

CarlosII
08-28-2012, 06:44 PM
The Scepter was actually around even before the Shadowcat.

A.S

yes there were scepters before the current model which is scepter v as opposed to the previous scepter iv.

SeanH
09-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Just wish the ATA on the Septer was longer...I'd prefer to finger shoot.

As to looks...I like the new look. If I didn't already have a 2011 shadowcat, I'd look at a Septer

Durandal
09-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Just wish the ATA on the Septer was longer...I'd prefer to finger shoot.

As to looks...I like the new look. If I didn't already have a 2011 shadowcat, I'd look at a Septer

40" is long enough to be a comfortable shooting platform for finger release according to most finger shooters and I concur. How long of an ATA are you looking for?

Don B
09-29-2012, 08:06 AM
40" is long enough to be a comfortable shooting platform for finger release according to most finger shooters and I concur. How long of an ATA are you looking for?

I have 3 Shadowcats, 2 for shooting right handed and 1 for left handed. I would love for them to be about 45-48" ATA. If they were and still had the same bracehight they would be the most awsome finger bows on the planet.
Don.

CarlosII
11-18-2012, 07:40 PM
i like my shadowcat and the main reason i went with the scepter v was because of the grip...it just seems to fit more comfortably. i've been able to tune the draw more easily as well. i'm keeping the shadowcat for indoor (50 pound limbs) and using the scepter v for 3d and field.

coastie hunter
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
I like them both.