PDA

View Full Version : I made a mistake - shot a Nemesis

wannawhitetail
08-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Stopped at the shop today, took a look at a Nemesis they have had hanging awhile. It was 45-60 lbs and has the barnsdale limbs. I did a quick mount of an octane rest they had in the used bin and shot off the string with a release. Crazy! My first 6 arrows from 25 yards, instinctive, with an eyeball rest set up were all less than 3 inches from my intended bullseye. I have shot instinctively throughout my life, at times, this bow made me look like Byron Ferguson - almost.

The mods seem to have the issue the X I brought home had, so the shop owner is ordering mods and a new cable. But - I'm quickly getting carried away with these bows. I try to get down to one, I really do. But when they shoot like this, hard to have just one...

Double S
08-22-2012, 11:01 PM
There's no such thing as having too many bows.:cool:

bfisher
08-23-2012, 05:27 AM
I've got two of them and the one thing that impresses me the most is the confort of the grip. It's the right size, the right shape, and the right angle for me. As you are finding out it's almost a "must have" bow.

Barry

Arrow Splitter
08-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Congrats on the bow WW.:cool: Just think, once you have seven bows you can shoot a different bow every day of the week.LOL:p

A.S

bowgramp59
08-23-2012, 07:21 PM
i also have 2,they are great shooting bows. like barry said you can't beat the grip, it makes you hold the bow properly.

droppixel
08-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Is the grip on the Nemesis thinner than the Alien? I liked the Alien grip, was definitely slimmer than that of my Cheetah, but the Bengal's grip is darn near perfect to me ... are the Nemesis more inline with the 2012 grips?

daiwateampenn
08-23-2012, 10:45 PM
no regret to have this bow in ur collection. You wouldnt regret....
I Just LOVE mine soooooo much.....

wannawhitetail
08-24-2012, 04:59 AM
The grip is thinner, looks like this years on the Martin side. I planned to mount a Trophy Taker Smackdown FC, but the rest guard moves the rest back, preventing access to the adjustment screw. I may remove the guard, we'll see. The bow shoots well.

droppixel
08-25-2012, 09:25 PM
For you Nemesis guys ... the all important question - how does the speed compare to others that are similarly rated?