PDA

View Full Version : Martin Cougar FC

deserthuntr
08-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi Everyone. Haven't seen much of comments on this bow. Shot it a while back and it was pretty nice, seemed quite fast. Maybe just a bit loud. Anyone who shot/owns a Cougar fc care to share some comments on this bow please? Thanks

Tosi
08-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi Everyone. Haven't seen much of comments on this bow. Shot it a while back and it was pretty nice, seemed quite fast. Maybe just a bit loud. Anyone who shot/owns a Cougar fc care to share some comments on this bow please? Thanks

I purchased a Cougar FC w/ the Fury Cam and it was a little too harsh for me. The bow shot great but I prefer the longer ATA, I'm currently shooting a 2012 Pantera and Onza. I do have the Fire Cat 400 with Nitro and it's a fast and very accurate bow (good blind and or tree stand bow). The Pantera is still #1 with me. If you use some limb savers and a quality stabilizer the shock and noise should be at a minimal. Don't get me wrong it was a great bow but just didn't fit my shooting style and feel. The Skull camo was very good. I'm gone wait it out to see what come out for 2013 for Martin. Hope this helps.

deserthuntr
08-23-2012, 02:29 PM
I purchased a Cougar FC w/ the Fury Cam and it was a little too harsh for me. The bow shot great but I prefer the longer ATA, I'm currently shooting a 2012 Pantera and Onza. I do have the Fire Cat 400 with Nitro and it's a fast and very accurate bow (good blind and or tree stand bow). The Pantera is still #1 with me. If you use some limb savers and a quality stabilizer the shock and noise should be at a minimal. Don't get me wrong it was a great bow but just didn't fit my shooting style and feel. The Skull camo was very good. I'm gone wait it out to see what come out for 2013 for Martin. Hope this helps.

Thanks Tozi. I was actually looking at the Nitrous cams, don't like the Fury cam on the Cougar.

droppixel
08-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks Tozi. I was actually looking at the Nitrous cams, don't like the Fury cam on the Cougar.

If you are getting a Cougar or looking one, the Nitros are the only way to go imo. Why limit yourself.