PDA

View Full Version : New Addition!

Thermodude
08-24-2012, 06:39 PM
First of all its not a Martin, but I wanted to show it off all the same. Its a Strothers Wrath, I aquired it through a game call company that Ive been on staff with for around 15 years. Its a sweet shooting bow Im pretty impressed with it. The specs are as follows:

32" ATA
29" DL
70.5lbs maxed out
8"BH

So far from the shooting Ive done its performing well, 361.5 grn GT XT Hunter is averaging 303fps, 397.5grn Maxima 350 is getting 297fps. Nope I havent gone completly to the dark side, Im still hoping for an Alien XT this spring plus I still have the Pantera I just wanted to see what yall thought...........................

TEN RING
08-24-2012, 08:59 PM
That a nice rig I have been wanting to shoot one sents kevin started his own company after leaveing elite. how is the draw cycle and the valley?

Arrow Splitter
08-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Now that's nice. :cool::cool: Congrats Thermo.

A.S

droppixel
08-24-2012, 09:54 PM
What are you thoughts on the cable guide system they added? Remember seeing some posts about those around the time of the ATA show, think they are selling those as an accessory also.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey Therm, Can I borrow it?

Hutch:cool:

TEN RING
08-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Hey Therm, Can I borrow it?

Get in line

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Get in line
I am first:p

Spiker
08-25-2012, 12:35 AM
TD - thats a nice looking setup.!
I have a Strother SX Rush and I like it alot.!
Feels like a single cam bow but shoots like a dual cam.

I was kind of leery about the 'Super Slide' that they use but I have about 7, maybe closer to 8, thousand shots on mine now and nothing more than normal wear
on my cables.

I really do like the Wrath.!

Thermodude
08-25-2012, 04:31 AM
Thanks guys, so far Im really loving this bow I honestly dont have any negative things to say about it at all. The draw cycle is very smooth, valley is very nice .............Ive got it set up real shallow, thats the way I like a bow to be. The back wall is solid and the shot is dead in hand. As for the cable gaurd, so far I have no wear at all it seems to be working fine.They really have a winner here!

droppixel
08-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Super Slide worth considering over the Saunders?

Thermodude
08-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Slide worth considering over the Saunders?

Absolutley, I liked the Saunders I had but the one thing that bothered me about it was that I still had some wear on the back side of my cable slide rod. I wouldnt have given that a thought before I tried it but it left two distinct tracks on the back side of the rod. Ive shot this bow alot since I got it and I dont have any sign of wear on the cables or the rod. What I did do when I got the bow was to take some 600 grit sand paper and buff the inner part of the slide to make sure no rough edges were there. After I sanded it I used toothpaste to polish it.