PDA

View Full Version : Nock height?

wannawhitetail
08-24-2012, 09:44 PM
On the '09 Firecat with Cat 2 cams, I'm a little confused. I had a Trophy Taker Smackdown installed, arrow was pretty close to level to get a bullet hole through paper and good arrow flight. I decided to install the whisker biscuit with the Martin lockbar attachment and things changed. I'm shooting off the string, with a trufire cushion button below the arrow. In order to get a bullet hole and good arrow flight, the top of the nock is approximately 1/2 inch above the level position.

It's shooting great, but I can't help but wonder if I have something adjusted improperly. The cams seem to be in proper adjustment. Am I missing something, or is this normal?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you!

TEN RING
08-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Imo it is fletching interference with the whisker bisket ???

Spiker
08-25-2012, 12:42 AM
WB's do seem to tune out nock high on the string..

wannawhitetail
08-25-2012, 07:45 AM
I took some more shots this morning, shots were excellent, paper was perfect, but the way the arrow sat at rest bugged me. I put the TT Smackdown back on, level is good, arrow flight is perfect. I have not used whisker biscuits, but thought with the lock mount it would be a simple, care free install. I had originally picked the bow up for someone else, but now I plan to hunt with it. It just confuses me as to why such a drastic difference in nock height.

Arrow Splitter
08-25-2012, 08:01 AM
I took some more shots this morning, shots were excellent, paper was perfect, but the way the arrow sat at rest bugged me. I put the TT Smackdown back on, level is good, arrow flight is perfect. I have not used whisker biscuits, but thought with the lock mount it would be a simple, care free install. I had originally picked the bow up for someone else, but now I plan to hunt with it. It just confuses me as to why such a drastic difference in nock height.I was talking with my Dad about your problem (he used to use one), and he thinks that the WB was not parallel with the string. This would cause your poor arrow flight, so when you raised your nocking point it would shoot well.

A.S