PDA

View Full Version : screw was loose

typically8
08-25-2012, 01:31 AM
Ok, I was just inspecting the limbs on my Onza III and noticed that the screw @ the end of limb next to the axle is missing. I can only assume it is to keep the axle from moving. There used to be two. Is this a Joel issue? And can I still shoot the bow?

Arrow Splitter
08-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Ok, I was just inspecting the limbs on my Onza III and noticed that the screw @ the end of limb next to the axle is missing. I can only assume it is to keep the axle from moving. There used to be two. Is this a Joel issue? And can I still shoot the bow?Yes, I believe you will need to contact Joel. I believe you have the right idea of what the screw is for. I believe it's there so the axle hole is reinforced. I would call him, and also ask him if you should keep shooting it or not. I probably wouldn't shoot it the way it is, but Joel will know.

A.S

bfisher
08-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Do not shoot the bow with that thing missing. They are called sex bolts and you are screwed temporarily. There purpose has nothing to do with the axle itself. They are there to reinforce the limb tips. Shooting the bow without it can cause the limb tip to split. And yes, this is a Joel issue. Call him and he can send you one. It's an easy installation that anybody with the right size allen wrench can do. And considering where it's located and wha it's for I would Loctite it.

typically8
08-25-2012, 08:00 PM
"Ring, ring, hey Joel I need help with my sex bolt" hahahahaha. Now that I have been educated I will jump on getting it fixed. I agree sounds dangerous. Thanks guysI am very grateful for your knowledge and this forum.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Alright alright which one of you has a screw loose!!!;)

Hutch:cool:

elkslayer4x5
08-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Glad you where the first to say that, I was sorely tempted, but managed to resist. :D

Arrow Splitter
08-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Glad you where the first to say that, I was sorely tempted, but managed to resist. :D
That's got to be a first. LOL:D:p

elkslayer4x5
08-27-2012, 08:15 AM
It was! :D

bfisher
08-27-2012, 10:23 AM
The only screws I have that could come loose are those holding the titanium plates in place in my neck. If they ever come loose I'll be in real trouble. I sure don't wish to lose my head over the matter.

typically8
08-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Guys, this is a serious matter. I can't shoot my bow and all y'all are doing is screwing around!! :)

Arrow Splitter
08-28-2012, 07:53 AM
You have a backup, so I'm not feeling too sorry for you. LOL:D

A.S

elkslayer4x5
08-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Guys, this is a serious matter. I can't shoot my bow and all y'all are doing is screwing around!! :)

Sorry T8, like I said, I tried to resist, but the title of the thread was just too tempting! Of course you know what line comes next, right? :D

typically8
08-28-2012, 06:47 PM
@ es4x5: I can only guess but enlighten us please.

elkslayer4x5
08-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Alright alright which one of you is a screw loose!!!;)Hutch:cool:

Naw, it's a family board, so I just say it will sound differnt if you rearange the last two words. :o

typically8
08-29-2012, 11:55 PM
I dont get those problems anymore as I am married. D'oh.

bob cooly
08-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Another reminder for all of us to frequently check our equipment. Over my life I've had several screws loose, at least that's what my Dad told me. I'll go and check mine right now if I can remember where I put the screw checker.

typically8
09-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Ok, so it went like this "Hello Joel this Rodney from Texas. I have a problem I lost a little screw. Barry over @ the forum suggested I call you he says I need a SEX BOLT.Hahahhahahahahhahahhahaha (Joe rolling on floor laughing)". Long story short, Joel says they are rivot bolts and used to strengthen the limb tips and he basically says everyone is doing it now. He is sending me a new one. He also says I should watch out for Barry's tricks. I got duped!!! Barrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy!!! It was funny though. And thanks again for the help.:p

typically8
06-30-2014, 02:58 AM
TTT- because some one had an issue similar. RIVOT BOLT.