PDA

View Full Version : Martin Cougar FC vs Firecat 400

deserthuntr
08-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Are they the same bow? I know the FC stands for Firecat, and all specs are the same, but why the name change from 2011 to 2012?

madman350
08-25-2012, 06:05 PM
looks like the one thing to notice is that the 2012 cougar FC has cam options, single (XT)or dual ; in 2011 the firecat 400 is the dual cam (aka silencer but with fangs in riser cutouts), & the firecat 360 (a fancier ridge hunter) was the one cam w/ accutrac system. i would say they are the exact same bow, just the one cam verision is newer style and they appear to have a carbon string stop. order one and then do a field review for us.

bfisher
08-25-2012, 06:08 PM
For all intent and purposes they are, indeed, the same bow. The only real difference is that the Cougar can be ordered with Nitro cams or the new Fury XT cam.

deserthuntr
08-26-2012, 04:02 AM
order one and then do a field review for us.

Hi Madman. Yes those are the only differences I can see. Now if I can only find one to order!!! I live in Africa... Have been looking at the classifieds for a while now and even on ebay, but nothing!

Arrow Splitter
08-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi Madman. Yes those are the only differences I can see. Now if I can only find one to order!!! I live in Africa... Have been looking at the classifieds for a while now and even on ebay, but nothing!
Have you checked the Archery Talk classifieds?

A.S

deserthuntr
08-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Have you checked the Archery Talk classifieds?

A.S

Yup. For quite a while now. Something will pop up I will be patient :cool:

droppixel
08-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Don't see many Martin's on AT Classifieds ... think that is due to the fact that we get them and hold onto them ... until the others.

leeindy
08-30-2012, 09:48 AM
the string stop is different.

i have that one on my firecat 400. they sent it to me after i told them i was feed up with that SOS piece of junk.

bfisher
08-30-2012, 03:09 PM
the string stop is different.

i have that one on my firecat 400. they sent it to me after i told them i was feed up with that SOS piece of junk.

Aha, you're right. The STS is different. The new Cougar has a carbon one. The older style is similar to a bent cable rod and made of aluminum. They both do the same job but I'm pretty sure that the carbon one threads into a barrel nut and is secured with a spanner nut just like the sbilizer. Glad you mentioned that.