PDA

View Full Version : Rod

Unregistered
01-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Just took my brand new Cheeta back to the shop. It's never even fired an arrow. Bottom cam sits out of square and after drawing bow several times to adjust draw lenght serving worn thru and string freying! Anyone else had this problem?

bfisher
01-09-2008, 06:27 AM
This is very common with Single cam bows. It's causedmainly by the cables being pulled sideways by the slide and rod. One way to minimize it is to adjust the cable rod so that you have fletching clearance and no more. It's more pronounced with the shorter A2A bows as the angle is more acute. Just one reason I don't shoot single cams any more nor do I like short bows.

The problem really isn't cam lean, but the limb being twisted. If it's too bad I'm sure Martin can get things straight (no pun intended).

Let us know what the dealer says.

Maine Wood
01-09-2008, 07:53 AM
I had this problem with my 07 Cheetah look very closely at the draw moduel and cam alinement. Mine was off just a tiny bit but it did wear my serveing. I would also suggest you send it Martin for repair. I did have a local dealer do it for me but it DID NOT save time or money ! Do not give up on the Cheetah bow there is NO better bow for the $. Martin replaced the cam and draw moduel, reserved the worn area and I have been fine.