PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis noise

wannawhitetail
08-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Nemesis is shooting well, but noticed a noise. After tracking it down, if I tap the bottom cam with my index finger, I get a rattling sort of sound. It is at 55 lbs with 60 lb limbs, no noticeable damage or problems. Anyone experience this? It does have barnsdale limbs, so a little earlier in the life cycle. I removed the modules and the same sound was created. Not the draw stop. The X is solid, as are some other bows I have.

Thank you! WW

bigredhunter00
08-27-2012, 06:38 PM
check the adjustable mod screws, had that problem put some string wax on the threads and got rid of it.

Ehunter
08-27-2012, 07:21 PM
It might be the "e clips" that hold the axle in place. Try dobbing some string wax on them and see if that stops it.

TEN RING
08-27-2012, 07:31 PM
It might be the "e clips" that hold the axle in place. Try dobbing some string wax on them and see if that stops it.

If it's not the E clips or any screws the next place to check is are your bearings

wannawhitetail
08-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm guessing bearings. The noise is present with and without the module installed. Email sent to Martin, I'd just as soon send it in for a checkover. Shoots great, but...

Spiker
08-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Also be sure to check the reinforcement screws in the limb tips.

wannawhitetail
08-28-2012, 08:06 PM
So does this bow have spacers between the cam and limbs? Or are the bearings made in some way to fill the gap?

wannawhitetail
08-28-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm just trying to figure out if a bearing would have loosened up, or where the problem would be. Something just isn't as tight as it should be.

bbjavelina
08-29-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm guessing bearings. The noise is present with and without the module installed. Email sent to Martin, I'd just as soon send it in for a checkover. Shoots great, but...

There's always the possibility of a bad bearing from the bearing manufacturer. The Nemeisis hasn't been out long enough for anyone to wear out the bearings. Consider this --- for each shot the bearing makes less than one revolution. Say 200 shots a day, five days a week. That's about 1,000 revolutions per week, or 50,000 revoltutions per year. My waterwell pump does that in less than 15 minutes, and it's 20 years old. Plus, your bow spends 90% of its life in an airconditioned house.

Now, I'm not saying it's not a bearing problem, just saying it's very unlikely. Hope you get her fixed.

Best of luck to you.

wannawhitetail
08-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks everyone. I agree, the bearing isn't very likely. I'll keep working on it and the dealer ordered some parts to try. There's not that much to cause it...

bowgramp59
09-02-2012, 08:40 PM
i have 2 nemesis they both are noise, make a metalic sound when i shoot . have checked everthing i know to check, so i just shoot them . timing is right on, no loose bolts, just noise bow i guess

wannawhitetail
09-04-2012, 09:01 PM
After playing with different options, a limbsaver modular base, with one node and a 3 1/2 inch X coil on the end took away the noise - silent now.

Other things may work, but I was trying different items in my drawer. What a wonderful bow this seems to be.

wannawhitetail
09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
The fix is compareable to the limbsaver express stabilizer # 3065.

bbjavelina
09-08-2012, 11:36 AM
i have 2 nemesis they both are noise, make a metalic sound when i shoot . have checked everthing i know to check, so i just shoot them . timing is right on, no loose bolts, just noise bow i guess

Gramps,

Don't know your skill level with tuning and surely don't want to offend, but my limited experience with the Nemesis is that it can easily be loud, or with just a little more work, can be very quiet.

I was able to pick mine up at a shop in SE TX because it had been sitting there for months and nobody wanted to buy it because it was so noisey. Got if at $100 off. Got it home and in a couple of hours had it shooting sounding like your grandaughters whisper. Granted, the cables need to be very near perfect. All I had to do was get the cables and string to spec (measured under 100# tension) and it shot lights out and quietly.

That "pro" shop could have easily sold it for full price with just a very llittle labor getting it right. I'm a lucky guy!

A year ago I took a nice Kudu, Waterbuck, Gemsbuck, and Blesbuck with it. Don't give up to quickly on that tuning thing.

Best of luck to you.

Best of luck to you.