PDA

View Full Version : any news on 2013 bows?

jrnymanwv
08-27-2012, 08:14 PM
wondered if there was any news out on them? rumors? i really hope they make a true 65% let off cam. if not may be leaving the martin family and i dont want to do so. the new nitro cam is nice dont get me wrong but i want true 65% let off. we will see.

droppixel
08-27-2012, 09:58 PM
wondered if there was any news out on them? rumors? i really hope they make a true 65% let off cam. if not may be leaving the martin family and i dont want to do so. the new nitro cam is nice dont get me wrong but i want true 65% let off. we will see.

Reasoning for wanting a 65% Just curious.

bfisher
08-28-2012, 05:35 AM
Reasoning for wanting a 65% Just curious.

I'll take a guess. He's either a target shooter or a finger shooter. Less letoff means higher holding weight which for many means more stable aiming or a cleaner release using fingers.

I haven't heard any news or rumors, but my gut says you'll be moving on to another company.

Arrow Splitter
08-28-2012, 08:00 AM
I'll take a guess. He's either a target shooter or a finger shooter. Less letoff means higher holding weight which for many means more stable aiming or a cleaner release using fingers.

Definitely makes sense.

A.S

jrnymanwv
08-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Not a finger shooter, but i am a target shooter. I have every scepter made from the first to the latest. All well made in my opinion. And just like the valley with more weight. I am not a wall shooter. The only way to get the letoff is to use the draw stop. I use a stan hinge backtension whater you want to call it. And for me i like less letoff. I still hunt with an old martin fury. I lve martin bows. Have shot them for the last 27 years. I didnt word my post the way i should have. I just really want to see a nice target cam. I realize it prob isnt happening and prob isnt in there best interest. Perhaps the market is too small. i will never dump martin i may move on or build a frankenbow but i will never leave martin entirely.

dzsmith
09-17-2012, 03:44 PM
in bass pros latest fall catalog, there is a martin exile x4. i have never seen a bow like this and it is not on martins website, it is a split limb martin bow and a little bit longer riser. it looks sweet. i hope this is a peak of 2013 martin bows, some split limb bows would be sick.

Durandal
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM

I don't get that. I am a finger shooter and I currently use the new Scepter V and I LOVE IT!. My technique has improved if anything. Maybe it's because I use to shoot a old cougar mag that had, at best, 10% let off and got the finger release down early or maybe because I use the "instinctive" form of shooting and put so much emphasis on form.....I don't know. 80% let off hasn't been an hindrance but a boon. I get to relax more, concentrate on my form and I've never been so accurate. Ask my friends ;)

Still, one thing I've learned from talking with archers and reading through this forum is that your setup is like a good woman, what fits you might not fit the next guy.

Cheers!

elkslayer4x5
09-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Not a finger shooter, but i am a target shooter. I have every scepter made from the first to the latest. All well made in my opinion. And just like the valley with more weight. I am not a wall shooter. The only way to get the letoff is to use the draw stop. I use a stan hinge backtension whater you want to call it. And for me i like less letoff. I still hunt with an old martin fury. I lve martin bows. Have shot them for the last 27 years. I didnt word my post the way i should have. I just really want to see a nice target cam. I realize it prob isnt happening and prob isnt in there best interest. Perhaps the market is too small. i will never dump martin i may move on or build a frankenbow but i will never leave martin entirely.

I'm with jrnymanwv on this, don't like the HL mod on my C nitrous cams at all, feels like I have to push the string away, and prefer the valley with the 65% mods on the cams. Anyone looking for a HL X Nitrous Cam mod set? Also have two sets of 65% mini mods, Cable slide side only.