PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable draw on Dyna cam???

bassnbucks
01-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Do the Dyna cam systems have adjustable modules for draw length or are they one set length? I just had 30" draw cam ordered and am not positive that this is my exact draw length.

bfisher
01-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Yes, Martin make them in sets. There are seven modules in the set which covers 7" of draw. If you have ordered or bought a new bow then the whole set should come with the bow as that is how Martin packs them. One bow---one set of modules.

navaman
01-11-2008, 04:26 AM
anyone know is the correct mod.for a 30" draw ?

bfisher
01-11-2008, 08:55 AM
It depends on what bow the Dynacam is on. On this site, look at the Bow Cam Charts to see which yours should be. If that doesn't help then come on back.

Elk4me
01-11-2008, 04:19 PM
anyone know is the correct mod.for a 30" draw ?Shoot me a Pm on what bow it is and what Yr and I have a whole set I dont even need! I will send you what Mod you need in the Mail for FREE!:cool: Remember to include you addres and contact number too!:D

navaman
01-11-2008, 04:55 PM
thanks. i got a whole bag of mods though. i just cant fiqure out which one to use. it's a "05 or "06 orion with the magnum limbs. i've been looking at the charts but for me it might as well be in greek because it's looking like an ancient's alchemist formula. i'm just hoping the "05 and "06 are at the same mod. one thing's for sure, i ain't giving up.;)

navaman
01-11-2008, 05:05 PM
i think i got it now. first i have to find out what an orion is. (m-82 for example) . then i look at what draw length i want and then i'll see what mod to use. i sure hope i'm right because i'm enjoying the feeling of all this back patting i'm giving myself. :D

bfisher
01-11-2008, 09:41 PM
The Orion is an M-83D ("D" for Dynacam). Sounds like you're beginning to larn stuff.

navaman
01-14-2008, 05:54 AM
okay, i see that i need the F7 module for a 30" draw but i don't know what the 3H means under 60# which is what my bow is set at. :confused:

bfisher
01-14-2008, 06:11 AM
The 3H is a deflection (stiffness) number that Martin uses to designate which limbs make up a given draw length range on any particular bow. The number/letter is located on the side of the limb near the base wher it fits into the limb pocket. Not sdomething you need to concern yourself with inless you have a need to order new limbs for whatever reason.

The H stands for "heavy". They also come in "L" and "M" with each meaing about a 2# drop in the peak weight. Assume your 3H limbs give you a 60# peak. A 3M would be 58# and 3L would be 56#.

OK, back to the 3H at 60#. A 2H limb woiuld drop you to a 55# peak, whereas a 4H would make it 65#. Each number drops or ups the weight by 5#, depending on which way you go.

OK?