PDA

View Full Version : Good idea or Bad idea

bricka
08-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Ok I was thinking about going into check my trail cam before season starts (next week). I was thinking if I went in scent free and quiet it would be ok. What do you guys think comments and suggestions.

droppixel
08-31-2012, 10:29 AM
When does your season start? Is it next week that you would be checking or that season starts? What is the forecast in your area, expect any rain after you would be checking?

bricka
08-31-2012, 01:48 PM
The season starts on the 7th and good point on weather, didnt think of that so I would be checking it tomorrow and season would start next week

Bent Arrow
08-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Whatever your cover scent might be, I would wear it when I checked the camera. IMO

droppixel
08-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Definitely go scent free as possible. Whatever you would do to hunt, do that to go check. Wear gloves. Get your card and get out if you have a second. Don't stand there going through the photos.

Lung Buster
08-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Is it a feeding area or a bedding area that your camera is at or a corridor in between? I wouldnt mess around with it too much you will change there pattern if they know something is not right. Early season is tough because once they know there is pressure on them they get spooky.

dzsmith
09-17-2012, 03:58 PM
youll be ok dude, swap your card one more time and dont go back in there till the season, i wouldnt take a leak anywhere near there but if you get in and get out youll be find. you cannot hunt as spooked of deer as i do in southwest mississippi

elkslayer4x5
09-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Find the most aromatic tree or bush in your hunting area , break off a few pieces and srcub your boot soles with 'em, it will help cover your scent, another option is tie or tape cotten swabs to the bottom of your boots ( in the arch ) and spray the cotton with doe pee, remember to remove cotton before you get back into your vehicle!