PDA

View Full Version : colors?

typically8
09-02-2012, 12:57 AM
I just got some new carbon express maxima shafts and am about to start fletching. Last year I used orange/white vanes for hunting. I am not sure what the colors will be this year. I will post some pics when I am finished. What color fletching do y'all use?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-02-2012, 04:55 AM
Red and White blazers on the target arrows. Orange and Yellow on the hunting!

Hutch:cool:

elkslayer4x5
09-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Orange tiger Blazers on the Beman hunters ( cock vane has a black stripe 90* to the pattern)
Flo Orange and flo green Vane Tec low profile on the ACCs
Red and natural barred 4" parbolic feathers on the tapered cedars

TEN RING
09-02-2012, 07:43 AM
flo yellow & flo green

TEN RING
09-02-2012, 07:49 AM
I just got some new carbon express maxima shafts and am about to start fletching. Last year I used orange/white vanes for hunting. I am not sure what the colors will be this year. I will post some pics when I am finished. What color fletching do y'all use?

didn't I read some where you use a pink peep & pink string loop ??? you mite just want go with pink fletchings :) or was that hutch

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-02-2012, 08:07 AM
didn't I read some where you use a pink peep & pink string loop ??? you mite just want go with pink fletchings :) or was that hutch

Tain't me TEN RING it was typically8 He said something like he's not afraid of his womanhood. I meant manhood .................................................. .................................................. ............................;)

Spiker
09-02-2012, 08:41 AM
All White fletching with White nocks for hunting.

TEN RING
09-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Tain't me TEN RING it was typically8 He said something like he's not afraid of his womanhood. I meant manhood .................................................. .................................................. ............................

the pink thing isn't all bad should have a lot of does come check him out :)

droppixel
09-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Last year I used all white - this year for my hunting sticks I have 2 white / 1 lime -- practice arrows are reverse 2 lime / 1 white.

Have to have white on there so can get an idea of the blood color after the shot, dark vs light/bright vs pinky - gut/liver vs heart/main arteries vs lung

typically8
09-02-2012, 09:34 AM
@ T.R and Hutch hahahahahahaha you guys are sooooo funny. The problem with pink fletching is I cant decide what color the cock feather should be. But heck you you know me to well, my old practice arrows a re pink wraped w/ pink and white fletching. :o

TEN RING
09-02-2012, 09:54 AM
@ T.R and Hutch hahahahahahaha you guys are sooooo funny. The problem with pink fletching is I cant decide what color the cock feather should be. But heck you you know me to well, my old practice arrows a re pink wraped w/ pink and white fletching. :o

I show up at 3d shoot with purple fletching they drop me from A class to C class, if I had pink they would have put me in the womans class lol

go with yellow for a cock feather

Bent Arrow
09-02-2012, 12:35 PM
5" Trueflight shield cut. White barred cock feather and orange barred hen feathers. I put those on 3 Rivers Archery orange tiger stripe cap wraps. Lots orange but hey, I'm a CLEMSON fan.:cool:

Durandal
09-02-2012, 06:22 PM
I use any combination of red, flo green or flo orange with a white cock feather, or black with a flo orange cock feather. Those last ones look mean but I just use them indors, not that I miss much but I'd like to have at least a chance to find my arrow out in the field / woods.

I think pink is a great idea but only if you have a dark colored bow with a matching pink string. Think hutch can make those from what I've read on the forum. Could be a specialty item for you Hutch, cater to the female archers out there?

Remember gents, any colour goes as long as you wear a matching hat :p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Well Durandal, I think we can cater to typically8's feminine side.

Here is the string set.

Here are the arrows.
http://www.victoryarchery.com/Portals/102334/images/vforcepinks1_small.gif

Man he will be a pretty dude!!!

typically8
09-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Yup I would be a Dandy. I am thinking a pink and brown string when the time is right. High fashion bowhunting!

Lung Buster
09-03-2012, 05:07 AM
You guys are funny didnt you know pink is the new camo!!! I am two red and one white been that color scheme since i started shooting a bow.

Tosi
09-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Look @ the Norway Fusion vanes, two orange and one green. I like them as their easier to track in flight. The vanes are stiffer and tougher then Blazers or AAE Max hunters. I've used them all and will stick with theses fusions.

Money Man
09-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Going to hunt with Orange/White on the Victory VForce this year, but just ordered some Lime/Brown for next year. Needed something to go with the new bow. Going to put a couple together when the new vanes come in to see how they look.

Rangerj
09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
been using white and hot pink for many years,helps me find them easier after I miss.:D

Ehunter
09-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Just switched to one white, two hot pink myself this year. I gotta say, they are easy to spot in the target. I got to thinking about colors, and the only option that wasn't a pretty natural color in the fall woods was pink. Lime, yellow, red, orange....all fall colors. Pink stands out after the shot, so easier to find the arrows. Left the cock vane white to see the blood better. I top them off with a bright red nock.

Arrow Splitter
09-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Two camo and one orange Blazer vane on my hunting arrows. What is up with all the pink??:p Am I on a women's archery forum and didn't realize it?LOL

A.S

ElkSlayer
09-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Red and cocked white on compound recurve i use flo orange and flow yellow cocked all on como shafts.

typically8
09-06-2012, 10:51 PM

NEON YELLOW AND RED ON NEON YELLOW WRAPS WITH NEON YELLOW NOCKS. Not mellow anymore!

NEON ORANGE AND RED ON NEON ORANGE WRAPS WITH NEON ORANGE NOCKS. My arrows are on fire!

MIX AND MATCH. Yep pink. I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

minnie
09-08-2012, 03:24 AM
i like those orange and red on the orange wrap, typically8

i shoot feathers 2 white and a purple with a purple abalone pattern wrap (from revs wraps in australia) on my carbons for barebow compound.

trad arrows are all red feathers. red crown dip with red and white cresting and red nocks.

typically8
09-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks Minnie. @ Tosi, i just found a dealer who has some fusions on sale, gonna get me some and yup they gots some hot pinks. Currently using aae w/ good results but like those fusions.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks Minnie. @ Tosi, i just found a dealer who has some fusions on sale, gonna get me some and yup they gots some hot pinks. Currently using aae w/ good results but like those fusions.you go girl! Ha! couldn't resist!

I confess Typically8 here is what I shoot now! below are what I shoot for beat on arrows.7100

typically8
09-08-2012, 03:18 PM
See, everybody likes the pink.;) I did one pink and green they are easy to see. Need some moer pink wrap. I love fletching arrows. My buddy wont let me do his, he is afraidI will throw some pink on. I keep talking my self out of an arrow saw.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-08-2012, 03:26 PM
See, everybody likes the pink.;) I did one pink and green they are easy to see. Need some moer pink wrap. I love fletching arrows. My buddy wont let me do his, he is afraidI will throw some pink on. I keep talking my self out of an arrow saw.
Here is the saw I built you can do the same at home.
http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2073&d=1296506085