PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 Rytera Alien Nemesis

WildmanSC
09-06-2012, 08:19 AM
I've ordered/bought a new 2012 Rytera Alien Nemesis. It is 45-60#, Hybrix 2.0 Cams, 28"draw with Bonz Camo. Below are some pics of the bow I'll receive in about 10 days.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt7/WildmanSC/2012%20Rytera%20Alien%20Nemesis%20Bow/T2eC16VHJGYE9nooiLnEBQJUIhB2mg60_57.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt7/WildmanSC/2012%20Rytera%20Alien%20Nemesis%20Bow/T2eC16dHJGQE9noMbUZ-BQJUIrBuEQ60_57.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt7/WildmanSC/2012%20Rytera%20Alien%20Nemesis%20Bow/T2eC16ZHJFoE9nh6pMoBQJUImG8wg60_57.jpg

I'll be putting a QAD HDX rest, TruGlow 5 pin sight and a Bohning Quiver on the bow. Any recommendations for a good stabilizer to put on my hunting bow?

Bill

Double S
09-06-2012, 06:01 PM
That's a handsome Bow Bill. I have a nemesis and it's a good shooter. Welcome to the site too!.

Simon

TEN RING
09-06-2012, 06:41 PM
First off welcome to the forum, I think you will be real happy with your new bow, as for stabilizers it more a personel thing I like long 10-12" light weight 6-8 oz you might like a 5" 10 oz try some of your buddys see how it fell with the bow

daiwateampenn
09-06-2012, 06:47 PM
congratz to the purchase. i hope u will love it. as i love mine very much.

as for the stabilizer part. its all up to up, depends on what purpose the rig use for...

i had a 7" short simple stabilizer for hunting. and recently try on those long long stabilizer for target.

i will say, try it out to find out what u looking for and suit u.

WildmanSC
09-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the inputs on the bow and stabilizer. I've been shooting recurves and longbows for about 12 years. However, I've experienced some flareups with arthritis on the string fingers of my right and can no longer shoot the stickbows comfortably. :(

Stabilizers have changed a good bit since I last shot a compound. They're no longer just a stubby piece of steel that threads into the hole in the riser! :o:confused:

Bill

andy_camping
09-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Did I see that over on Ebay? Very nice bow, I saw that deal also. Love the look of the Nemisis.

droppixel
09-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Love it ... pretty much decided I have to get my hands on one of these sometime in the near future.

Chip
09-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Congrats, I just bought a new 2011 model Nemesis about a month ago. Your going to love shooting this bow, I put a NAP Apache stabilizer on mine. To be honest I just liked the looks of the NAP on the bow. In my opinion when I shot the bow at the shop it had good balance even without a stabilizer. Welcome to the forum and enjoy that new Nemesis.

WildmanSC
09-10-2012, 09:02 AM
What are the string and cable lengths for a 2012 Nemesis with the 2.0 Hybrix cams?

wscywabbit
09-10-2012, 09:35 AM
First, welcome to the forum, second, great choice in bows I expect you'll love it ( I know I would ;))

As for the string and cable lengths, should be 57 3/4, and 38 3/4. 7" brace and 34" ATA. Good luck and great shooting!

WildmanSC
09-10-2012, 01:01 PM
First, welcome to the forum, second, great choice in bows I expect you'll love it ( I know I would ;))

As for the string and cable lengths, should be 57 3/4, and 38 3/4. 7" brace and 34" ATA. Good luck and great shooting!

Thanks for the welcome and for the string/cable info.

Bill

WildmanSC
09-18-2012, 08:27 PM
I picked up my Nemesis today. I'll be getting it set up in about 10 days. It's a great looking bow. I'm looking forward to shooting it soon!

Bill

WildmanSC
10-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Wow! The Nemesis is a sweet shooting bow. I took it to The Archery Shop today and had Budro set the bow up for me. He changed out the cables and string for me, installed and set up the QAD Ultra HDX rest for me and installed a string loop and peep sight. It took me 4 arrows and 3 adjustments with the sight to get the bow hitting where I was aiming.

The bow is set at 51.2# with the draw length at 28.5". Shooting a 408 gr arrow I got 252 fps through the shop's chronograph. It was grouping so tight I found it necessary to shoot at a 5 spot target with one arrow shot at each of the spots. It was grouping too tight for my comfort level to shoot $12+ arrows at the same aim point! The Nemesis is definitely a keeper. I'll take some pics of the bow tomorrow and post them.

Bill

bowgramp59
10-04-2012, 08:02 PM
looks like they are going to have a new nemesis out for 2013 , a 35 ATA bow .

WildmanSC
10-05-2012, 11:55 AM
I noticed in another thread that it will be a Rytera Nemesis, but the Pro line of Martin bows will be called the Rytera line and there won't be a separate Rytera company. Still a great bow though!

Bill

gravedigger
10-05-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm a bit lat but welcom to the forum.that a mean looking bow.

WildmanSC
10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm a bit lat but welcom to the forum.that a mean looking bow.

Gravedigger,

Thanks for the welcome. I recently bought my Nemesis after hunting Traditional for about 12 years.

Bill

bowgramp59
10-06-2012, 04:29 PM
try shooting it without a stabalizer ! i have 2 nemesis bows a 2010 & a 2011 one is all camo & one is all carbon fiber, i shoot mine with a stabalizer sometimes and sometimes without can't tell the differance . i use
them mainly for noise reduction. both are great shooting bows, very fast & accurate. have a good day & good hunting!

WildmanSC
10-07-2012, 11:29 AM
try shooting it without a stabalizer ! i have 2 nemesis bows a 2010 & a 2011 one is all camo & one is all carbon fiber, i shoot mine with a stabalizer sometimes and sometimes without can't tell the differance . i use
them mainly for noise reduction. both are great shooting bows, very fast & accurate. have a good day & good hunting!

I'll try that. Then I won't have to be taking it off to put my bow in its case! :)

Bill

WildmanSC
10-20-2012, 08:39 PM
When I went to The Archery Shop today, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the CBE Sniper LC sight I had ordered had arrived. I installed it on the bow and proceeded to shoot and adjust the bow. It is a sweet sight and really helped with improving my accuracy, I have one Robin Hood to support my point! :(

Bill

elkslayer4x5
10-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Save it! Congratulations Bill! I still remember how I felt when I robinhooded my first! :)

WildmanSC
10-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Save it! Congratulations Bill! I still remember how I felt when I robinhooded my first! :)

elkslayer,

I have two other Robin Hoods at home that I shot with recurves. I pulled the second arrow out on this one and saved myself $10! :)

Bill

WildmanSC
11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Yesterday I increased my draw weight by 2#. I'm now shooting my Nemesis at 57.2#@28.5". It's very quick, very quiet and a very accurate shooting bow. I hope to take it to the woods tomorrow for my first day of deer hunting for the 2012 season. :)

Bill

Phantonza
12-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Damn, I've got this grazy idea that I should purchase a Nemesis while it's still available. I kind of feel sorry that Rytera is being discontinued as a separate brand. The current Nemesis is so unique in styling that nothing in Martin 2013 lineup (let alone the other brands) compares. The new Nemesis 35 doesn't have half the originality in my opinion.

Problem is, I really don't need another bow... I've had my Onza for less than a year and functionally, the Nemesis is very similar (certainly I will not sell the Onza!). But I just think the current 2012 Nemesis is almost like a collector's item... I have never seen a single one in Finland.

bfisher
12-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Damn, I've got this grazy idea that I should purchase a Nemesis while it's still available. I kind of feel sorry that Rytera is being discontinued as a separate brand. The current Nemesis is so unique in styling that nothing in Martin 2013 lineup (let alone the other brands) compares. The new Nemesis 35 doesn't have half the originality in my opinion.

Problem is, I really don't need another bow... I've had my Onza for less than a year and functionally, the Nemesis is very similar (certainly I will not sell the Onza!). But I just think the current 2012 Nemesis is almost like a collector's item... I have never seen a single one in Finland.

Collector's item? I would hope so. I own two of them. Same might be said for the "Z" which is discontinued and I own one of them, too. One of the better shooting bows I've ever owned, and I've owned a ton over the last 40 years.

archerdad
12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
i was saddened they discontinued the z but the 2013 nemesis is so close on specs i guess it did not make sense to have both. the 2012 nemesis is a great shooting bow. everybody that shot ours loved them. my son liked my single cam one so he got it and i picked up the onzaIII, i think i still prefer the nemesis old style one.

i would like to shoot the newer nemesis to see how i feel about it. the 2012 nemesis just balances so well. we were using a 7 inch doinker, a limbsaver windjammer without the balancer, seemed to work good no matter what.

i also used a donker 11.5 inch field stabilizer the newer lighter version that worked great also for target type stuff. then i added a cartel vbar bracket and put the 7 inch doinker as a rear stabilizer, man that bow felt like it floated in your hand and just held really nicely. did not feel like i had to fight to aim at all.

so since my son liked that bow( and he got his first deer with it this year) i put that last setup on my alien z same thing happened. just really improved the aim and hold for me.

Phantonza
12-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Thanks for comments.

Damn, I've got this grazy idea that I should purchase a Nemesis while it's still available.

I couldn't resist but I ordered it from a shop in Germany :cool: I then found out it was the last one in their stock so I might have missed it if I would have spent any more time thinking :p. I got it with a pretty good price (less than what I paid of my Onza). Prices have been higher elsewhere. Next camo, 60#, Hybrix cams.

I had an extra set of accessories earlier this year (G5 sight, Limbsaver stabilizer, NAP sizzor arrow rest) but unfortunately I already sold those. I still have an extra no-peep, wrist sling and Whisker Biscuit so I basically just need to get a proper sight and perhaps a stabilizer for the Nemesis (or I may just use the Onza's stabilizer).

elkslayer4x5
12-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks for comments.

I couldn't resist but I ordered it from a shop in Germany :cool: I then found out it was the last one in their stock so I might have missed it if I would have spent any more time thinking :p. I got it with a pretty good price (less than what I paid of my Onza). Prices have been higher elsewhere. Next camo, 60#, Hybrix cams.

I had an extra set of accessories earlier this year (G5 sight, Limbsaver stabilizer, NAP sizzor arrow rest) but unfortunately I already sold those. I still have an extra no-peep, wrist sling and Whisker Biscuit so I basically just need to get a proper sight and perhaps a stabilizer for the Nemesis (or I may just use the Onza's stabilizer).

Good for you. And just in time! :)

WildmanSC
12-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks for comments.

You won't regret your decision. My Nemesis is a phenomenal shooting bow!

Bill

Phantonza
12-11-2012, 04:31 AM
I got my Nemesis today :) A quick check and all seems to be OK - except that the draw modules have sharp inner edges just as my Onza, so I will have to file them round before starting to use the bow (it will eat cables otherwise). I expected this and I have done the same thing before, so it is not really a problem for me - but for some other buyers it could be. I really, really hope that Martin has fixed the modules for their 2013 lineup, since this situation really makes no sense.

I have plans to make this my 3D competition bow and keep the Onza as my primary hunting bow. I'm thinking about buying lightweight arrows for flatter trajectory, and I will also install a 1-pin slider sight to the bow (I use no-peep so my anchor will stay constant regardless of the elevation of the sight). Perhaps also a slightly longer, heavier stabilizer.

bfisher
12-11-2012, 06:35 AM
I got my Nemesis today :) A quick check and all seems to be OK - except that the draw modules have sharp inner edges just as my Onza, so I will have to file them round before starting to use the bow (it will eat cables otherwise). I expected this and I have done the same thing before, so it is not really a problem for me - but for some other buyers it could be. I really, really hope that Martin has fixed the modules for their 2013 lineup, since this situation really makes no sense.

I have plans to make this my 3D competition bow and keep the Onza as my primary hunting bow. I'm thinking about buying lightweight arrows for flatter trajectory, and I will also install a 1-pin slider sight to the bow (I use no-peep so my anchor will stay constant regardless of the elevation of the sight). Perhaps also a slightly longer, heavier stabilizer.

May as well do the cams, too. Mine have always frayed the serving a bit right where the string comes off the cam. Never to the point of the serving breaking, but a little filing of the inner edge seemed to alleviate it altogether. I couldn't see the sense in putting a nice set of strings from Hutch on the bow without taking care of business first.