PDA

View Full Version : Mystic

Unregistered
01-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Can anybody tell me what speed i can expect to get out of a Mystic with 28 inch draw 60lbs IBO legal? and also if i was to order one left handed and tournament color how long might it take to get?

selil
01-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Can anybody tell me what speed i can expect to get out of a Mystic with 28 inch draw 60lbs IBO legal? and also if i was to order one left handed and tournament color how long might it take to get?

It will likely be IBO legal but it depends on GPI of the arrow, fletching, what you put on the string, and a horde of other minutiae.

As to target colors and left hand that is a factory issue. It depends on what colors they have on hand in left hand, or what is soon coming through the pipeline. Best to call the factory and look at an order through your nearest dealer after that. Or just go to the dealer and have them call.

bfisher
01-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Selil, I think by IBO legal he meant shooting a 5gr/lb arrow; 300 grains in this case. If shooting at least 5gr/lb the IBO has no speed limit.

As for what speed might be had with the Mystic, Id recommend getting on www.archerytalk.com and do a search on the Mystic. LeEarl is a Martin guru on that site and he should have some information about the speed issue.

selil
01-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Selil, I think by IBO legal he meant shooting a 5gr/lb arrow; 300 grains in this case. If shooting at least 5gr/lb the IBO has no speed limit.

As for what speed might be had with the Mystic, Id recommend getting on www.archerytalk.com and do a search on the Mystic. LeEarl is a Martin guru on that site and he should have some information about the speed issue.

Ah my fault sorry about that. I just jumped to thinking he was talking about the 280fps rule and didn't bother to think. In any regards there are several posts about the speed of the Mystic on ArcheryTalk.com

Brown Hornet
01-31-2008, 08:12 AM
You should be in the 280-290fps range. Depending on how you have your cams rotated....string material etc.

My S4 at 27.5" would do about 280 fps at 5 grains.