PDA

View Full Version : My new babies

Ehunter
09-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Here's a couple I picked up over on AT to replace the one sent to A.S. Got too good of a deal on the pair to pass them up. 2009 Warthog, and 2009 Firehawk. 7127

elkslayer4x5
09-17-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm sure that I don't need to remind you, but safety first. Remember that 2009 was the bad yaer for Martin limbs. Of course this pair may have already had a limb change, but keep an eye on them if not. Looks like they both have custom strings on them. Nice addition! What draw weights are they?

TEN RING
09-17-2012, 09:44 AM
are you starting your own archery shop :) you just can't pass up a deal I fill your pain

Double S
09-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Congrats on the new additions. I had the chance to get a Warthog at a good price. Shot the bow and I didn't buy it for some reason. I wish I had.

Arrow Splitter
09-17-2012, 08:14 PM
are you starting your own archery shop :) you just can't pass up a deal I fill your painYes he is, but he's the only customer! LOL:p Sorry EH, I just can't help myself.LOL

Very nice bows though.;)

A.S

Ehunter
09-18-2012, 04:25 AM
ES4X5, they are both 70# bows. I remember the '09 limb problems well. lol I plan on keeping the Warthog, and selling the Firehawk. If I have limb problems, I'll be putting Barnsdales on the hog. Should be able to still come out decent on the cost considering what I paid so far.

A.S. Be glad I have enough for an archery shop. That's how you got your bow. lol I know I am a "collector" by now, but some deals are just too good to pass on. lol

Simon, I shot one when theye came out in '09, but bought the Firecat instead. Loved that bow, but had too many problems with it. Picked up my first Warthog earlier this year, and it shoots even better than the Firecat did. Not sure what it is about the Warthogs, but they just shoot very well for me. Probably the longer ATA being more forgiving. I would recommend them to anyone.

elkslayer4x5
09-18-2012, 09:27 AM
I came close to selling both of my 06 Slayers to finance the purchace of a Warthog back in 09 and then the limb problem began, and I never did. Glad I did'nt , shot well last Saturday up at Noti ( where our archery club is ) except for when I mis-set my sight, set it for 40 to shoot a 31 yd pheasant! *&#$ Blanked that one.

Ehunter
09-18-2012, 08:34 PM
That Warthog is going to Canada with me next week, since I STILL haven't gotten back the riser and cam for my other Warthog. Got a picture of it as finished on Aug. 8th. For whatever reason, the SOB hasn't shipped it yet, even after repeated e-mails and phone calls. Looks like I'm going to have to drive 6 hours there and back to just pick it up when I get back from Canada. I'll be good and PO'd by then.