PDA

View Full Version : any body seen this new exile x4?

dzsmith
09-17-2012, 03:46 PM
so i was flipping through one of bass pros latest catalogs, and i see a martin exile x4. it has a different riser than any other exile and it is split limb. it looks awesome i hope this is a peak of what is to come in 2013. id like to see some split limb bows from martin

WildWilt15
09-17-2012, 08:42 PM
id love to see some quad limbs that go way past parallel kinda like bowtech and pse. I personally really dig it.

elkslayer4x5
09-18-2012, 09:33 AM
What? No link? You know the rules, no picture, it did'nt happen! :D

bfisher
09-18-2012, 09:49 AM
I don't know if it was a misprint or what, but I looked it up on Bass Pro's website. It's hard to tell anything definitive from their pics. Don't know where they came up with the X4. Maybe they meant XT. So far as I know Martin doesn't have anything with quad/split limbs for 2012 and I doubt the 2013 bows are out yet. I would have heard. Don't lok for 2013 bows till at least November.

bcriner
09-18-2012, 11:01 AM
http://www.basspro.com/Martin-Archery-Exile-X4-Compound-Bow-Package/product/261906055/

Zoom in. It is a Martin but unlike anything on their website. I know Martin has always offered their bows to Dick's, Bass Pro, etc with different names, but this riser is different. It has split limbs. What is also very unusual is the limb pockets. Check those out.

WildWilt15
09-18-2012, 11:49 AM
it looks like it has the old vems though?

droppixel
09-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Kinda goofy lookin' the riser is different, looks like an older model. The VEMs aren't the most current for sure. Looks like it has a limbpocket on it to accept the old squared off limbs ... but they do look split.

bfisher
09-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Bcriner,

I hadn't taken the time to slide up and down on it. You're right on all counts. Now I'm wondering. It could be a prototype offering for 2013 for sure. The only thing I can see that resembles anything from 2012 is the cam and the strings, of course. I'll bet my sales rep doesn't even know anything about this. Makes me wonder though. How do you guys find this stuff? Way, way too much computer time.

Barry

mdodraw29
09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
WOW that is not what I was envisioning. I'm not big on first year changes but I hope it is a shooter. Kind of like the look of it.

Arrow Splitter
09-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Now this is interesting. For all those who might be wondering, the name "Exile X4" is on the grip. A split limb Martin, this might be getting good (Not that they aren't good already).:cool:

A.S

Money Man
09-18-2012, 07:22 PM
looking at the details, they say it is only available for backorder. Are they trying to pre-sell? Also says they are using roto cup, and power tough limbs. Seems odd that a quad limb would use the same name.

Ehunter
09-18-2012, 08:08 PM
I'd like to get my hands on one with the Nitro cams. Maybe a custom order for 2013.......lol

Arrow Splitter
09-18-2012, 08:12 PM
I'd like to get my hands on one with the Nitro cams. Maybe a custom order for 2013.......lolLOL EH, you seriously should look into getting some help for your bow addiction.:p Keep going, and you could get into the Guinness Book of Records for owning the most compound bows.LOL:D

A.S

Ehunter
09-18-2012, 08:20 PM
You stalking me AS? Everytime I post tonight, you pop up just after. lol

Arrow Splitter
09-18-2012, 08:23 PM
You stalking me AS? Everytime I post tonight, you pop up just after. lolThat's because sociology isn't that interesting.:D

WestMichiganBowhunter
09-19-2012, 06:55 AM
i've had the catalog for 3 months now.....i have seen that....
i just kinda figured it was a production run change..........because of the past issues.

i don't if it's a possible glimpse into 2013...............maybe ?

bcriner
09-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Just received this from Martin....

"It is the 2013 Exile X4…as you can see it has a split limb design. I haven’t shot one myself but initial feedback from our reps is extremely positive. As far as I know there are at least 3 if not 4 models that will have this limb design and all of the Rytera models will have a one piece riser rather than 3. I think we will have a hard time keeping up with demand on the twin limb bows…2013 could be a very good year!"

WestMichiganBowhunter
09-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Just received this from Martin....

"It is the 2013 Exile X4…as you can see it has a split limb design. I haven’t shot one myself but initial feedback from our reps is extremely positive. As far as I know there are at least 3 if not 4 models that will have this limb design and all of the Rytera models will have a one piece riser rather than 3. I think we will have a hard time keeping up with demand on the twin limb bows…2013 could be a very good year!"

Sounds freaking great!!!!

let's pray that the sound is quieter on them..

bfisher
09-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Sounds freaking great!!!!

let's pray that the sound is quieter on them..

From what I heard several months ago Martin concerned about the noise their bows. Seems they are noisier than most in their prioce range. They were testing such things as the 3 pc risers and I had heard that they were looking into the limbs as the main culprit. Seems maybe from all that R&D this bow configuration might be the answer. Time will tell.

droppixel
09-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Finding this to be very intriguing and something I might have to start considering for next year ... I'd love to see my Bengal with the Nitros ... would be sweet if they didn't cost so much for an upgrade, but if they are going into some changes like this, I just may look into getting another bow next year. Not sure how I feel about the splits, but if that improves things that is cool.

bob cooly
09-20-2012, 08:49 PM
And what praytell is the advantage to split limbs. Just 2 more on the bow to have trouble with.

bob cooly
09-20-2012, 08:52 PM
I'd like to see a shock absorber string stop, I think thats the source of Martins noise.

WildWilt15
09-21-2012, 05:43 AM
I think all of the above is the source of the noise. Split limbs are better for vibration and sound and a good shock absorbing string stop similar design to the sos, they had something going on there they should not have left the sos design, the trg maybe not the sos.

WestMichiganBowhunter
09-21-2012, 12:21 PM
i have a 2011 Bear Strike..........
i can tell you that this bow and along with a Bear Truth and A couple of Truth 2's are the smoothest, quietest bows i have ever owned. Out of all the Bear bows that i've had and it's been a few more than what i just listed, i haven't had any problems with them breaking. Definately no issues with noise or speed as well.
All mine have had split limbs and not an issue.
Getting back to my cheap priced Bear Strike.........it sold new for like $399....(it's the best bow i have ever owned...period!)
well i can say with 100% honesty that this bow has been great and really in all ways better than any martin that i've previously owned. Not trying to bash or get a war started with anyone. Just telling the truth. Anyways i did a review of my Bear Strike recently on Archerytalk.
What's my point to this...........if martin does put a quality split limb...it very well could quiet down the noise issue and perhaps breakage issue. Let's hope that more Martin models come out with a quality split limb design. From the sounds and looks of it, their addressing their problems and that's a step in the right direction that all can be happy about.

SJunior
09-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Someone send me a noisey Martin. Have yet to see one that was.

coastie hunter
09-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Someone send me a noisey Martin. Have yet to see one that was. Only thing I hear when I shoot my martin's is broken ribs and the 12 ring on foam.

bfisher
09-21-2012, 06:10 PM
There are several arguably advantages to split limbs. For one it's virtually impossible to split a limb longitudinally (lengthwise) or in the limb fork. There is no limb fork so whatever twisting of the limb occurs from the cable rod/slide is distributed over the full length of the limb. The bow should be a bit more quiet, too.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-21-2012, 06:34 PM
There are several arguably advantages to split limbs. For one it's virtually impossible to split a limb longitudinally (lengthwise) or in the limb fork. There is no limb fork so whatever twisting of the limb occurs from the cable rod/slide is distributed over the full length of the limb. The bow should be a bit more quiet, too.

x2 bfisher is right.

Hutch:cool:

WestMichiganBowhunter
09-22-2012, 06:46 AM
i believe the other advantage is it weight......keeps them or the overall weight lower.

gstudt
09-24-2012, 10:18 AM
The X4 is a nice change from Martin.

The bow shoots really well, it is light, it is not noisy and the looks of the bow I like.

The limbs and limb pockets on the X4 with the single cam all work together really well. They have also made a minor change in the cable rod. As the rod comes out of the riser it has a slight angle/bent towards the string. You can rotate it around to adjust vane clearance as needed. This helps keep torque down on the bow at full draw.

This bow is a mid line bow with a great price that the competition is really going to struggle to match.

The bow will be offered in different ATA lengths. The names will be different but basically the same bow.

Martin will sell a lot of these bows.

I was impressed and liked it for sure. I have given some suggestions on how to make it just a touch better and easier for the dealers to adjust as well. I hope they used a few of the suggestions when they put it in production.

wscywabbit
09-24-2012, 01:53 PM
wow, see I leave for a few and the whole world gets turned upside down lol. I'd love to shoot one, will have to wait and see!

bfisher
09-24-2012, 06:20 PM
So Gary, how does the finish compare with past models? Have you had a chance to get any insight on the dual or binary cammed bows? Any changes there?

I would like to see the BENT cable rod. Seems like it would be a take-off of the TRG as for function, but a lot simpler and less trouble. KISS.

Arrow Splitter
09-24-2012, 08:06 PM
wow, see I leave for a few and the whole world gets turned upside down lol. I'd love to shoot one, will have to wait and see!Solution: Don't leave!!!! LOL:D

gstudt
09-25-2012, 10:12 AM
So Gary, how does the finish compare with past models? Have you had a chance to get any insight on the dual or binary cammed bows? Any changes there?

I would like to see the BENT cable rod. Seems like it would be a take-off of the TRG as for function, but a lot simpler and less trouble. KISS.

Finish was as expected, similar to previous.

The cams will still be Hybrix/Nitro 2.5's. Maybe some cosmetic adjustments but pretty much the same. Unless they have more I don't know about.

My biggest interest will be in the 35" upper end bow with a new design. It will have Hybrix cams I believe. Not totally sure of the name but it will be the only 35" offered I believe. I should be getting a sample before to long. I'm ready.

wscywabbit
09-25-2012, 01:49 PM
nice a 35" ATA with Nitro 2.0 cams would be awesome! Can't wait to see the new lineup now.... too bad its only September lol.

droppixel
09-25-2012, 02:28 PM
nice a 35" ATA with Nitro 2.0 cams would be awesome! Can't wait to see the new lineup now.... too bad its only September lol.

Bear is dropping their 13 lineup so might get lucky and Martin might not be far behind. Thinking I might need to start stashing away some money and put a look into one once we see what is coming.

wscywabbit
09-25-2012, 04:10 PM
be careful DP, you'll end up with a collection like Ehunter lol

bfisher
09-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Finish was as expected, similar to previous.

The cams will still be Hybrix/Nitro 2.5's. Maybe some cosmetic adjustments but pretty much the same. Unless they have more I don't know about.

My biggest interest will be in the 35" upper end bow with a new design. It will have Hybrix cams I believe. Not totally sure of the name but it will be the only 35" offered I believe. I should be getting a sample before to long. I'm ready.

I imagine you meant Hybrix 2.0 cams. Also just thinking about 35" wouldn't make it much different from the Alien Z at 36". It's going to take a lot to impress me enough to replace the Z or my Nemisis. Maybe I'll end up getting a recurve, LOL.

Arrow Splitter
09-25-2012, 07:56 PM
be careful DP, you'll end up with a collection like Ehunter lolLOL I couldn't help but laugh out loud on that one.:D

elkslayer4x5
09-26-2012, 08:53 AM
I imagine you meant Hybrix 2.0 cams. Also just thinking about 35" wouldn't make it much different from the Alien Z at 36". It's going to take a lot to impress me enough to replace the Z or my Nemisis. Maybe I'll end up getting a recurve, LOL.

Come on Barry, you know you want to. Martin makes some really nice recurves, although they have discontinued the Hatfield take down. Sad day that was.

bfisher
09-26-2012, 11:05 AM
ES 4x5, I've honestly been thinking about a recurve for a couple years. Just something to play around with and a lot less technical if you know what I mean. Around these parts tradtional guys don't have to shoot anything over 25 yards in 3D and it's getting to be that I can't see much farther than that anyway, LOL. It sucks getting old. Knowing me I'll order a Gale Martin Signature and if I'm smart I'll never open the box. Then buy something cheap for the shooting part.