PDA

View Full Version : Bow Case for 2012 Rytera Alien Nemesis

WildmanSC
09-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Anybody have any recommendations for a bow case I can purchase for use with my new Nemesis?

Bill

bigredhunter00
09-18-2012, 08:46 PM
soft or hard case

elkslayer4x5
09-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Might I suggest taking a look at a soft case? My son and I transport our bows along with our bikes several times a week just like this, with NO damage, no parts getting bumped, jarred or jiggled out of position. From left to right there is my pack, my bike my bow in its case, Elkslayer's bike his bow in its case, grandson's bike, Es's pack, and grandson's rifle on the fender.
http://images.imagelinky.com/1348020611.JPG (http://images.imagelinky.com/1348020611.JPG)

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/bow-cases.html Click this link

Later that day we went up to our club range and took 4 compound bows and their arrows and quivers, 2 recurves and their arrows, a dog , and an ice chest all in the back of a Yukon. When we got home, the grandson grabbed all four compound case and unloaded them, carring all of them in one hand. Can you do that with a hard case?

WildmanSC
09-18-2012, 08:59 PM
soft or hard case

Hard case for out of state travel.

Bill

Double S
09-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Here's my Plano all weather guard case. It's great for the back of the truck. It's a little on the heavy side but it does a great job of keeping the bow protected. I would use it for road trips but not for Air travel. Those people are brutal and you'll want something like SKB. Some of the higher quality cases approved for air travel come with a damage warranty.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/PlanoBowGuardRyteraNemesis1.jpg

ElkSlayer
09-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Hard case for out of state travel.

Bill

do you plan on flying to your destination.. many times we have driven to Calfornia and Washington never had a problum with our soft cases :cool:

WildmanSC
09-20-2012, 01:27 PM
No, I travel in my truck. I consider a hard case to be a cheap insurance policy.

Thanks.

Bill

wscywabbit
09-26-2012, 09:39 AM
I prefer a hard case myself, and LOVE my SKB Hunter case. There is plenty of room for my Onza and it holds a dozen arrows in the bottom. I got mine on sale for $100, but they normally run a little more than that.

WildmanSC
09-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I bought a Plano Bow-Max XT bow case for my Nemesis. It will hold the Nemesis with the quiver w/arrows and Stabilizer installed.

Bill

Chip
09-26-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm a little late, I bought the Plano Bow Guard hard case at Walmart for 22 bucks. It holds the quiver, and a dozen arrows.

WildmanSC
09-27-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm a little late, I bought the Plano Bow Guard hard case at Walmart for 22 bucks. It holds the quiver, and a dozen arrows.

Chip,

Does the case hold the Nemesis with the quiver and stabilizer installed?

Bill

Chip
09-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Chip,

Does the case hold the Nemesis with the quiver and stabilizer installed?

Bill

Sorry for the late reply, working nights this month. The bow fits with the stabilizer on the bow, but the quiver has to be attached to the lid by screwing an extra mount to it. I put Velcro strips instead of buying an extra mount for the quiver. I don't know how adventurous you are, but the arrow holder in the case is just a couple of slotted foam holders glued to the lid. If one did not need those holders you could remove them and I would bet the bow would fit with the quiver on it. This would be at your own risk as I use the arrow holders and put my quiver on the lid.

WildmanSC
09-29-2012, 09:25 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to discover when I got home today that my bow will fit in my new Plano Bow-Max XT bow case with the quiver and stabilizer both installed on the bow! :)

Bill

Chip
09-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Nice, glad to hear all is well.

WildmanSC
10-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Through the process of getting my bow set up at The Archery Shop today I quickly determined the Plano case is too flimsy for my tastes. So, I traded it towards a new SKB case Budro had in the shop and which is a perfect fit for the Nemesis.

Bill