PDA

View Full Version : Youngin's goin hunting!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Well I believe this is the first time that my son 19 and my daughter 17 are going out together hunting. Yep without me. Sure hope they call me with good news. I am not use to seeing any of my children going with out me. But they do grow up fast. Say a prayer or 2, I would like to see one of them fill there tag.

Hutch:cool:

TEN RING
09-23-2012, 06:59 AM
I wish them luck
I wish I could hunt on a sunday maybe they will pass it thru next year I ain't getn any younger

Chip
09-23-2012, 07:37 AM
Best of luck to them. I am sure they will have a great day in the outdoors.

elkslayer4x5
09-23-2012, 07:44 AM
I wish them all the luck in the world, and why are you home today? Today is our last day of this season, and we're locked out because of fire danger, we could go hunt the BLM but everyone in town already is, beer cans in hand, so we're gonna pass.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-23-2012, 07:56 AM
I wish them luck
I wish I could hunt on a sunday maybe they will pass it thru next year I ain't getn any younger

We know!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-23-2012, 07:59 AM
I wish them all the luck in the world, and why are you home today? Today is our last day of this season, and we're locked out because of fire danger, we could go hunt the BLM but everyone in town already is, beer cans in hand, so we're gonna pass.

I'd pass too with that type of crowd. I too would be out hunting, but I had some left over work to do since I was so busy building strings for the last month. Winters coming!

TEN RING
09-23-2012, 08:06 AM

did you get a chance to go out at all with the fire danger?

daiwateampenn
09-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Arrow Splitter is out in the wood wif his new firecat huh?
The dad at hm awaiting to dress the kill. Hope to c some update.

ElkSlayer
09-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Howed it go.......any luck there AS and sister

Arrow Splitter
09-23-2012, 07:41 PM
No deer today, it was somewhat windy at times, so not as quiet as I like when I'm hunting. I've usually only seen deer on the quiet days. My sister was in the blind, and went home before I did. I did see two porcupines, a few birds, a chipmunk, and a squirrel.:rolleyes:;)

A.S

Double S
09-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I wish you two the best!.

daiwateampenn
09-23-2012, 11:31 PM
No deer today, it was somewhat windy at times, so not as quiet as I like when I'm hunting. I've usually only seen deer on the quiet days. My sister was in the blind, and went home before I did. I did see two porcupines, a few birds, a chipmunk, and a squirrel.:rolleyes:;)

A.S

That is hunting all about.
;) i always come back empty handed, and the wife will asked "what is the fun going in the woods, bitten by mosquitoes, and end up nothing...wasting of time"

Some how, i hate squirrel, they make a lot of noise, if there are spook by human.

bfisher
09-24-2012, 05:47 AM
Bill,

Sounds like you have raised and taught them well. Well enough to take it on their own and have the confidence to go on their own. That's what "passing it on" is all about. It also shows that they get along and as they get older they can get along well persuing an activity taught to them by the ole man. Kuddos to them both, even if they don't get a deer right away. It'll be times they, and you, remember the rest of their lives. Let the good times roll.

Barry

elkslayer4x5
09-24-2012, 07:28 AM
did you get a chance to go out at all with the fire danger?

We could have hunted on the east side of I-5, but its all BLM over there, and every week-end archer with a 12 pack is hunting over there. Both Elkslayer and I get real irritated when we see beer cans tossed out on the side of the forest roads, and what even scarier is coming around a corner, and seeing a beerbox hung on a branch overhanging the road with a bunch of bullet holes in it. Beer season ( what we call rifle season ) will be opening next week -end, and those guys are also out there, sighting in. So we decided to forego our last day of Elk season, and the end of this deer season, we have another season in Nov, Bear will be open till Dec 31st.

droppixel
09-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Exciting stuff! I've almost only gone with my father or step father and i'm 28! It's good to have a hunting buddy and it's that much cooler when it is family. I'm hoping to get my oldest (4) in the blind this fall. He did tell me "But I don't have a bow to shoot them, we'll need to get one"