PDA

View Full Version : broken arrow

typically8
10-14-2012, 11:27 PM
I shot at a 8 pointer this morning. Sitting still for so long got the best of me. Easy 19 yard shot and I flinched @ the release. The arrow hit a rock. The insert and my rage went one way my nocturnal nock went another. And the impact shattered my maxima arrow

elkslayer4x5
10-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Carbon arrows are sure light and strong, until you hit something really solid or glance off of somethng solid, and, then they'll shatter! What worse is when you don't notice that your carbon arrow is cracked and you shoot it and then it explodes! Remember to flex your arrow after you hit anything questionable! :(

http://images.imagelinky.com/1350307121.jpg (http://images.imagelinky.com/1350307121.jpg)

alex
10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
So why did you put this pic here, Elkslayer? You want to ruin my favourite hobby or what? ;) Thanks God nowadays i use mostly aluminium arrows :)

Lung Buster
10-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck hopefully you will see him again this season. I know when I sit for a long period of time I will pick the bow up and draw it back and try to aim something for a couple seconds til I steady up on it and then I let it down. I just try and make sure I don't have any eyes on me but I definitely think it helps me.

typically8
10-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Is that your hand ES4x5? That looks horrible. LB, i usually do that trick to get the blood flowing to my back/arms. I did not have a chance, there was just to much deer traffic. He will be back. I did find the nocturnal tonight, it was still lit (barely) 30 hours later.

elkslayer4x5
10-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Is that your hand ES4x5? That looks horrible. LB, i usually do that trick to get the blood flowing to my back/arms. I did not have a chance, there was just to much deer traffic. He will be back. I did find the nocturnal tonight, it was still lit (barely) 30 hours later.

No, not my hand! Just a photo I copied off Hutch's injury thread over on HuntBuds
Sorry Alex , was not trying to ruin your favorite hobby, I put the pic up as a reminder as to what can happen, and to remind everyone to flex the arrow if you've hit anything other than your intended target. Pretty scary, is'nt it?

alex
10-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Pretty scary, is'nt it?

Scary indeed! And considering the healthcare prices it becomes even more scary :( ;)
I do flex my carbon arrows ... from time to time. I guess i should do it more often.

Tosi
10-17-2012, 04:55 PM
T8 sorry about the shot. My daughter missed at 30 yards witha 30-30..... and got scoped. ES that's just sick dud....

typically8
10-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Thanks Tosi. No big deal. I think i might be getting (caugh) a fever (caugh) friday morning. Sorry to hear about your daughter's scope check. I hope it wont scare her off.

Tosi
10-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Thanks Tosi. No big deal. I think i might be getting (caugh) a fever (caugh) friday morning. Sorry to hear about your daughter's scope check. I hope it wont scare her off.

She was a really trooper, she layed down a nice three yera old doe the next day. Her sisters call her one eye jack now. The girls shot two out of three so the hunt was good. It was there first hunt and they all had Deer Fever, one of my twins missed 8 shots under 100. Hope you get back out there and lay a monster down. Hunts are done here in Az for us and it was a good year for the family, 1 Elk and three deer, should last the winter here in N, AZ. Let us know how it come out for ya . Tosi....

elkslayer4x5
10-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Congratulations to the girls, and to you on that elk and the other deer, sounds line a nice freezer full, should get you through the winter nicely. That deer fever is tough! :D